Wednesday, June 7, 2006

Yes, I really cleaned.



No, that isn't the work of the Toy Fairy that your mom swore was nonexistent. I actually did that myself. And no one is coming to visit or anything.

I found Porter on top of the kitchen table today. The table that backs up to a ledge which overlooks the stairs down to the garage. I can't imagine why he thought it would be a good idea to climb up there (and I'm not even sure how he did it, I confess I was scrapbooking at the time). This necessitated the rearranging of some of our furniture. Which meant I had to clean, since I sort of couldn't walk from one end of the apartment to the other without stepping on 766420911 toys. So I picked them up. All of them. And I vacuumed (you probably can't see the vacuum track marks, but I am inordinately proud of them).

If I had known it would make me feel this good, I would've cleaned the place up ages ago.

The kids, I can guarantee, will be completely oblivious to my efforts; rather, they will view it as an obstacle in their goal of achieving perfect entropy. Matt will notice, though. He'll think it's his birthday or something.

2 witty remarks on "Yes, I really cleaned."

Anonymous said...

so where is the kitchen table now?

Joni on 8:14 AM said...

I moved it a couple of feet away from the Ledge of Death. It sticks out into the living "room" now. I was thinking about switching it with the kids toy room but that is WAY too much work. ;-)

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez