Sunday, June 25, 2006

Miss you, babe!


Matt has been gone for the last 2 days. His baby brother got married (Congratulations, Morgan and Maggie!) so he has been in Utah. We're picking him up from the airport tonight. I am such a baby about being separated from Matt! Unlike Emily (her man is still in Iraq), I've never had a long distance relationship. I think this is only the second or third time in our marriage that we have been away from each other. Waaaahh... On the other hand, he's been taking pictures for me to scrapbook!

I've entertained myself by watching movies that I wanted to see and Matt didn't. I went to Blockbuster and got Return to Oz (Has anyone even heard of that movie? I last watched it back in, like, 1987. Pretty trippy stuff.), Memoirs of a Geisha, and Elizabethtown. Now the kids are watching Veggie Tales becauase it's Sunday morning and we have the whole day to get through before Matt gets home.

7 witty remarks on "Miss you, babe!"

Unknown on 7:56 PM said...

I just watched Elizabethtown too! One that my Matt didn't want to see either! It was sort of a weird show don't you think? Orlando is hot... so whatever!

I hate it when my hubby is gone too. Love being with him! Can't sleep alone! I'll cry with you!

Anonymous said...

Well, I missed Elizabethtown, but it is here in the house right now(Em and Cath saw it). I sent you an email you should read right away! : )

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's an Elizabethtown revolution! I hear that movie is basically Garden State (which is sort of a cult flick by now) minus the gratuitous drugs, sex and cuss'n.

And I'm about to see Memoirs. Frankly, I'm surprised you would even deign. I read the book and realized it (the book, at least) is just a glorified housewife's softcore, and all the Japanese chicks he thanks in the "Thank You" part at the beginning got mad at him for screwing everything up, and besides who ever heard of a Japanese vilager with blue eyes? No one, that's who.

But maybe the movie's good. You know, whatever. I'll still see it.

Joni on 8:48 PM said...

Catherine, please tell me how you really feel. Please. I'm so tired of you holding back all of your true feelings all the time. I wish you'd just open up.

I kind of enjoyed Memoirs because it was interesting to see how cruel women can be to each other. I liked E-town a lot, I thought it was a really grown up role for Orlando (who I am generally not impressed with) but I think he could have tried harder with the accent.

Joni on 8:49 PM said...

and p.s. Who noticed that in the end of Elizabethtown, what Claire made for Drew? A BIG GIANT SCRAPBOOK, that's what!!!

Anonymous said...

Alas, your sister
views "Memoirs of a Geisha"
As a sketchy book.

Anonymous said...

And did anyone else find it odd that "Memoirs of a Geisha", a story of Japanese people in Japan, used almost entirely Chinese actors? Maybe it's just me. In fact, I went so far as to have a dream that they filmed in in Korea, which made me really upset. (In the dream.)

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez