Saturday, September 30, 2006

Super Mom strikes again!


Posted by Picasa When we were eating dinner last night, Matt and I noticed that Porter wasn't really using his right arm, which is unusual for him. Also, he's been crabby since Thursday, when he was pushed off the couch by a certain 3-year-old sister of his. Plus, his right elbow was all bruised and funny looking... So, Porter and I got to make a field trip to the Urgent Care place last night.

Poor guy, he dislocated his elbow. He still managed to charm the entire staff, though.

At least I wasn't wearing my 'Super Mom' shirt this time, like I was when Betsy was nine months old and had to get stitches in her FACE. Although, Porter was wearing 'I Do All My Own Stunts' when he fell down on Thursday. I'm not convinced that that's when he hurt his elbow, because he was using his arm fine until Friday afternoon, but since he's a 1-year-old boy and his father's son, we may never know.

So, they took X-rays (his bones are cute) to rule out a fracture, and hooked Porter up with the World's Tiniest Sling, which is still a little big for him.He didn't want to use his arm last night, I guess because it still hurt, but he's actually doing a lot better today. We'll take him to his regular pediatrician on Monday or Tuesday to be sure, but I think he's going to be fine.

9 witty remarks on "Super Mom strikes again!"

Anonymous said...

Clearly, you are a bad mother.

Anonymous said...

Pay Eran no mind.
Sometimes, with kids, you have to
Go to Urgent Care.

Joni on 10:45 AM said...

Eran said something?
Sorry, I must not have been
paying attention.

Anonymous said...

Remember the year I took Em to the ER THREE times in one year, for the stitches in the EXACT SAME SPOT???? The first two visits, at night, same docs and nurses, the third time, during the day, same docs and nurses. They remembered us. Lucky me.

Joni on 12:15 PM said...

hey Mom - did you always feel kind of defensive when you had to take in an injured child? I really hated having to tell them that I didn't even really know how Porter hurt his elbow, I thought I should have a sign around my neck that said I Don't Beat My Kids, I Swear.

Unknown on 2:36 PM said...

Ya, my friend's little girl had BROKEN HER ARM and she didn't know it! A few days later she took her in. Crazy that the kids aren't screeching or doing something abnormal to signal you.

Poor guy. I'm sure he'll be fine too.

Anonymous said...

Oh I always felt defensive when I had to take someone in. Kevin broke his big toe when he was 2 and I saw the dr. report later....said something about " child appears to be healthy and happy". Um since I don't think that had anything to do with his broken toe, I can only assume it meant they didn't thing I broke it.

Anonymous said...

Well, if I had known I could have gotten you in trouble I would have acted unhappy . . .

Anonymous said...

Eran..... :P HA you didn't have an unhappy bone in your body....you would have had to so some major acting.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez