Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Yarr.


Apparently, today is Talk Like A Pirate Day.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/living/columnists/dave_barry/4018055.htm
Who knew?!

Today is also the season premiere of NCIS.
http://www.cbs.com/innertube/player.php?vid=107918&cat=107484
Apparently it's the "Season of Secrets" or something. Ooh, dramatic. It's a good thing that CBS isn't at all known for creating misleading promos for this show.

And it's also ALSO the day that I am teaching a class at Scrapbook Corner. 'Crazy for Cardstock' this time: I'm trying to show how you can create awesome layouts using only cardstock and some adhesive and tools. Kind of fits in with my whole greater philosophy of use-it-or-lose-it, thrifty scrapping. I have THREE people signed up to take this class, which means that it will actually be worth my while to teach it. I'm pretty excited, and the VCR is all set up to tape NCIS.

8 witty remarks on "Yarr."

Anonymous said...

We knew it's International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Kevin has even gone so far as to declare Sept. 23 as Mute Talk Like A Pirate Day. Good luck on your class, ye wench, you!

Joni on 11:46 AM said...

How exactly does one mute talk like a pirate? Doesn't the hook kinda prevent sign language?

Anonymous said...

PS. according to the random name generator, you are "Doormat" Calla Napier

Anonymous said...

hmmmm you would have to talk to Kevin(Cap'n Jim Poopdeck) about that.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that Blinns are always completely normal and act with such dignity all the time.

I'm just sayin', is all.

Anonymous said...

OK - So I guess I will respond to the scrapping aspect of the blogpost o'the day! I am utterly CUCKOO for cardstock! :)

Hope the class was cool and that no one had to walk the plank!

Anonymous said...

Well Susan... if I had 1/4th the talent that YOU do for working with cardstock... my class would have been packed!

Anonymous said...

It's not Mute Talk Like a Pirate, it's just Imternational Mute Pirate Day. You either do sign language with your hook or have the parrot do the talking.

And I just saw NCIS on TiVo. How crazy is that?

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez