Friday, April 18, 2008

Well, that was different.


We had an earthquake this morning.

I actualy felt it - what, you thought I was sleeping at 5:30 in the morning! Ho ho ho, surely you jest! - when the room started shaking and the handles on our dresser rattled. I just sat there thinking, "was that an earthquake?" It turns out it was. It was a 5.4 so that's something; enough that people could feel it but there were only, like, 2 buildings damaged across the entire Midwest.

Huh. I wonder what's next, an alien invasion? Just as long as it doesn't wake me up.

6 witty remarks on "Well, that was different."

Anonymous said...

Felt it. My first thought was that the New Madrid had let go and leveled Memphis, but it turns out it was a little one in Illinois. Bizarre.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaand... there's another one.

Anonymous said...

Wikipedia
getting scooped by breaking news
on Embellish Life:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_18%2C_2008_Midwest_Earthquake

Anonymous said...

I think that when the next big one hits the New Madrid fault, it will be pretty unmistakeable, even in Indiana. And when it happens, it will all be FEMA's fault.

Joni on 1:56 PM said...

Wow, a Wikipedia-based haiku. Glad to see you are putting that super-expensive education to ggod use.

I felt the aftershock too. Matt and the kids remained blissfully unaware of both.

Anonymous said...

At least I didn't feel it.... but I have always wanted to see the damage .... well, maybe not.




grone:if you say it like it's spelled, it's a real word.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez