Monday, April 7, 2008

Clean this mess up, else we'll all end up in jail


Yes, I actually cleaned. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and my house is now... um, I'd be lying if I told you it was spotless, but it's pretty good. The toilets are scrubbed (yuck), the kids' rooms are picked up and vacuumed, the kitchen is wiped down and I only have one load of laundry waiting to be folded. I got most of this done during General Conference (which is, incidentally, the only time we ever use the baby monitor). So, the house is pretty much ready to bring a new baby home to. I still have the grocery shopping to do so we won't starve (at least I don't have to buy food for Cutie Pie).

I've been having a lot of contractions, but they are all totally irregular and therefore nothing other than a nuisance. Thank heavens for Pitocin. (I am a big fan of better living through chemistry.) In fact, I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for Pitocin, I would still be pregnant with Betsy, which would be really inconvenient now that she rides the school bus.

I also got some scrapbooking done. (This no-scanner thing is killing me. As soon as Matt gets a job offer, I think that's the first thing I'm buying!)



So, it's four more days until I go into the hospital to have my little girl. (Unless I actually go into labor, which I have the tiniest hunch might happen - but I also thought Cutie Pie was a boy.) My sister Emily is driving up tomorrow (or down, depending on your sense of direction) so I don't have to worry about the kids. I mean, she'll only be here a week, so she can't possibly scar them too badly. And the timing of that is good because the first new episode of NCIS since the writers' strike is going to be on tomorrow night. Not that I'm looking forward to that, or anything.

The weather is really, really nice right now. I have the windows open and everything. It was, like, forty degrees and raining the day we brought Porter home from the hospital and that was at the end of April - I sure hope this lasts!

(P.S. Who can guess what song the title of this post is from? I bet Mom knows it...)

10 witty remarks on "Clean this mess up, else we'll all end up in jail"

Anonymous said...

Oh heavens yes, I do know what song this is. I won't answer, so as to let others have a chance! BTW, I dated a guy who was a friend of this band, and he was the one who told me all about this song.

Joni on 3:23 PM said...

ooh ooh ooh, do tell! I would love to hear the story. It's about a drug dealer, right? *Song* is my favorite song by *band*, what does that say about me?

Anonymous said...

Child nickname of Pepenid royalty.

(Holy Roman Empire: neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire. Discuss.)

By Daniel, of carbon-doped iron solid solution fame.

Joni on 3:51 PM said...

Very good, Dad. And bonus points for erudition!

Mandy's Blogspot on 8:14 PM said...

nesting, anyone?

"eiang" = the sound mandy made when the nurse caught the Pitocin IV on her watch and ripped it out of my arm...yes, that really happened.

Joni on 8:42 PM said...

Ouch!

At least a singing nun didn't rip it out with her guitar...

Anonymous said...

No, katori, the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the earworm...all last night I'm thinking to myself:
"Clean this mess up, else we'll all end up in jail, the something and the scales, get them all out of here..."
Woke up this morning and blurted "TEST TUBES!"
I feel much better now.

Catherine on 12:25 PM said...

Well Joni, you know how much I hate to say nice things about you in public, but you really have an eye for design. Even the pages you design that make my eyes bleed are really well-laid out. Good luck with Pie and network programming, and I have no idea what song you're talking about. I'm assuming I can play the age card.

Joni on 12:47 PM said...

Steely Dan: 'Kid Charlemagne.' (In case you had no idea what Dad was talking about.)

Was a very popular song among my co-workers when I worked in a lab, mainly because of the 'test tubes and the scales' bit. Also because it's fun to go, "Is there gas in the car, yes there's gas in the caaaar."

And Cath, thanks for the compliment, I aim to please and only occasionally sear the retinas.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez