Friday, April 11, 2008

Amy Louise is here!


It turns out, yep, I was in labor. (We set up the VCR to tape NCIS; Matt did the grocery shopping the next day.) I left for the hospital at 8 p.m., and I was already 2.5 cm dilated by the time my doctor checked me. I didn't even have to go to triage first, because I was the only woman in the labor & delivery unit that night, and my OB said that if it was false labor, they'd just give me Pitocin and let me go ahead and have her, since I was scheduled to be induced so soon anyway. But I ended up not needing any Pitocin, which was a new experience for me. Since I was already dilated a few cm. I got to have the crack pipe, umm, the epidural pretty much as soon as the anesthesiologist could come in and drive a giant needle into my spine. My labor actually progressed pretty fast and I was all the way dilated at 1 a.m. I pushed for a little while and she was out at 1:08 on Wednesday, April 9.

Matt said he could tell right away that she was bigger than our other ones. I apparently have no frame of reference (all I could tell is that she's smaller than they are now) but he was right, she was 8 pounds, 4 ounces. She's also the only baby I've had who cried for more than a second or two after she came out. Amy actually screamed for twenty minutes straight until she was all weighed and eye-dropped and generally harrassed and I could nurse her. I thought it was pretty funny, actually - all the arm-flailing, eyes-closed yelling she did was actually pretty impressive for someone that small.

And now: pictures.










16 witty remarks on "Amy Louise is here!"

CyndiAKADisneyqueen on 4:17 PM said...

I saw you on scrap etc and kept thinking...shouldn't she been in the hospital having a baby (lol). Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Cute kid. Welcome to teh intarwebs, Amy!

Anonymous said...

SHE IS SO CUTE!!!! I can't wait to see her!

Anonymous said...

congrats, congrats!! glad you are all doing well.

Catherine on 5:02 PM said...

Her fingers look like tubers. So why can't I stop fantasizing about kissing her tiny, impotent fists?

OH CIRCLE OF LIFE, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US.

Well Joni, I'm glad you're all right, the labor went relatively smoothly, and mini-Pie has all the right parts. In a couple of her pictures she sort of looks like she's just cottoned on that it's all downhill from here. Don't give up, little Pie! Just another ninety years to go!

love,
cath

Mandy's Blogspot on 7:36 PM said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

I was going to try to write something witty and haiku-ish, but it's late and I'm too tired.

Another beautiful grandbaby for me!!!!!! Take a big whiff for me, will ya?

Catherine on 12:10 AM said...

Ewwww Mom, could you be any creepier? "Take a big whiff," sheesh. Next you'll be all "Hey baby post more pictures of those piddies, huh?"

susan opel on 8:58 AM said...

Hooray! Glad to hear that she is here and a hearty screamer - just think - 18 more years of those lungs!

Betsy looks like quite the adoring older sister!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joni! She's just adorable. I'm so happy for you!!

Kevin Blinn on 3:53 PM said...

Welcome to the world
Your aunt is right; it will be
all downhill from here.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Another gift from God entering the world! Congratulations to all (including gram & gramps) on another beautiful little girl. Best wishes and will be waiting for more pictures!

Luv ya'll
Trish

Anonymous said...

Dear Joni and Matt,
You sure do build them pretty.
Welcome, Miss Amy!

Unknown on 4:58 PM said...

And congratulations to YOU!!!
We did have our babies on the same day! Man am I glad! I was getting anxious there at the end!
She is beautiful. That first photo looks like Porter!
Hope all is well with you! We should meet up for the middle of the night feedings!!! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for Amy! YAY for Momma!!! YAY for pregnancy being over! ;) Glad to hear everything went well. She's gorgeous! I just want to kiss those sweet little chubby cheeks! And hey - she weighed just what Jace weighed! Love 'em chunky, don't you? ;) Congrats to all!

Kristen on 7:23 PM said...

i do not know why you are leaving comments on my blog when you should be ASLEEP! (and, ahem, making a dress?! are you nuts?)

I'm just saying....

also, hehe, congratulations! your baby looks totally perfect!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez