Friday, December 1, 2006

A scrapbook store and a sick kid...


This morning I went over to the grand opening of the new Archiver's in Castleton. It was a neat store, although they seriously lack the awesome paper selection of Scrapbook Corner. (For a paper-lover like me, that's a pretty harsh condemnation.) I was sorely tempted by the Rhonna Farrer swirly clear stamps, but I reminded myself that my birthday AND Christmas are just around the corner, and got just a pack of BasicGrey mini chipboard letters. Yes, BasicGrey... while I am less than crazy about most of their paper, I do like their chipboards. Of course, I like chipboard anything, so that doesn't tell you much, does it?

Anyway, Porter, who's had a cough the last couple of days, was falling asleep in his stroller while I was shopping... at 9:30 in the morning. He never does that. His breathing was getting raspy, and he's developed the dreaded Scary Cough, so I took him in to see Dr. Davis. Care to guess what my son has? He's got croup. Yes, croup, like Diana Barry's little sister had in 'Anne of Green Gables.' I think I would have been only slightly more surprised if he'd had rabies or the plague or something, but according to Dr. Davis, it's not super uncommon in kids as little as he is. Anyway, Porter got a shot (he loved that, so soon after his 18-month checkup) but since it's a virus, there's really nothing else you can do. I'll just drug him up on Dimetapp (or whatever the generic purple stuff is), keep him home from church, and stop feeling like a bad mother.

6 witty remarks on "A scrapbook store and a sick kid..."

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Laura had the croup when she was 4 or 5? I couldn't get her to eat or drink anything for a few days,and her fever got pretty high. I put her in the bathroom and steamed up the room, and that helped some. It was a pretty scary time. How is Porter feeling now?

Anonymous said...

And didn't Mom's bad parenting also cause Mike to get scurvy when he was 3 or 4?

Anonymous said...

No Mr. Smarty....Mike had Scarlet Fever when he was 4. Scurvy, hmmmf!

Joni on 11:14 AM said...

And then when he was 5, he had tularemia (the disease you get from improperly handling dead rabbits...)

Anonymous said...

Hope that Porter is doing better. I feel for him...I've been sick with URI for 2 weeks. Sick of being sick! Dead rabbits??? I musta missed that one..no one in the family should have had scurvy..I know, I used to wash the split pea soup pot!! MMM..good!!!

Anonymous said...

I know we've already discussed this, but Anne of Green Gables! Diana's little sister with the croup. I SWEAR we are kindred spirits!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez