Tuesday, December 5, 2006

lucky, lucky me!


Look what my awesome husband gave me for my birthday!

Yep, he not only gave me a neato kitchen radio/CD player, he installed it while I was at the library with Betsy. This thing is so cool: it has a little remote which is magnetic so it sticks to the side of the fridge. I also got some new slippers which Betsy picked out. They are blue, with ribbons on them.


I've also been busy with sewing. Can you tell which stocking is mine from when I was a kid, and which one I made today? Here's a hint: the one with the cool '80s strawberry fabric, the difficult bias tape along the impossibly scalloped edge, and the overall sense of competence is NOT crafted by me. ;-) I've been sort of 'faux-machine'quilting' the fabric I got on a felt backing, so it at least has the same quilted look as the original (which I used as a pattern template) without adding the bulk that would break my little machine. Anyway, that's Matt's stocking, which you probably could tell because the fabric is all masculine looking and whatnot. I'm hoping I can finish 2 more this week... mainly because I have decreed that I am not allowed to do any more scrapping until the sewing is done!

3 witty remarks on "lucky, lucky me!"

Anonymous said...

Have a good birthday
I hope that you got all that
you were hoping to get.

Anonymous said...

Sadly I am two days late to wish you a happy birthday!

But here I am saying, "Happy Birthday, JONI!!!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Joni!!!
Yay for the under the counter CD/radio! That just happens to be on my wish list for Christmas this year! :) Great minds think alike!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez