Thursday, May 15, 2008

Oh yeah! I have a blog!


I taught the book of Malachi in seminary this morning, which means that we are done. DONE! with the Old Testament. I never thought I'd make it through. Of course, being vastly pregnant while teaching the book of Isaiah probably contributed to the sensation of interminability (that's a word, right?) but there's also the fact that it's one of the hugest undertakings I've, well, undertaken. Having a co-teacher to share it with (she's a lovely English woman with a wicked sense of humor) has made it much, much easier in terms of lesson preparation and such, even though I did still have to get up every morning. We'll have a few days of review and fun, and then a big breakfast for the students. (Another thing that surprised me was how attached I got to the kids, who are all in high school - I tend to be turned off by huge groups of teenagers. I don't know how Beth and Susan do it.) I'm looking forward to teaching the New Testament if we are still here in the fall.




Betsy's dance recital is coming up in just a couple of weeks, and they got the costumes on Tuesday.

Is she not basically the cutest thing ever? (Especially with her tights on the outside of the costume and her tap shoes on the wrong feet.) I have no idea how Betsy will actually perform when it comes down to it since her level of participation in class varies widely from week to week... but hey, if she stands on stage deer-in-the-headlights for the entire routine, at least she will look good while she's doing it.

Speaking of cute, here's this year's model.


Still not a real smile, but I can pretend. Amy's got the baby acne right now, poor thing, although it doesn't really show up on film. (And I love how the tongue makes her look like a little puppy.) I told you she's getting fatter! We switched out of Newborn diapers into Size 1's, and her homecoming outfit doesn't fit anymore. Also, her siblings' obsessive love for her shows no signs of waning. I bet that changes when she's old enough to steal their toys.

5 witty remarks on "Oh yeah! I have a blog!"

Anonymous said...

Look at Miss Betsy,
She's all dressed up for dancing!
And Amy's so plump!

Catherine on 11:31 AM said...

Oh, Joan, my darling, darling sister, you have made such very charming little things. Pie looks like she's smiling to me, but then she could be grimacing. Betsy, on the other hand, I know is smiling, and that, in my experience, marks a first.

Anonymous said...

Amy is probably planning her scheme to ruin the world. And Betsy is probably smiling because she's wearing a haute couture ballerina tutu.

Anonymous said...

Joni...they are SOOOOO cute...your girls. I want a girl! Anyway, enough jealousy over your beautiful girlies...Betsy's costume is SO her. I agree with antie (???)molly...it's soo haute couture...for Betsy. And Amy is FAT. I'm glad you are finally using ALL those size 1's...since you have so many of them.




Q: What does Amy say when she needs a diaper change?

A: ujljltiq

Anonymous said...

I wish you had a girl, too em, but hey what can I do? And, joni you might want to get amy on a weight loss plan. And Betsy: HIT THAT RUNWAY GIRL!


(lhdmcesk: It sounds like a german word)

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez