Saturday, January 19, 2008

Easily amused


We were looking at the sheet of discharge instructions that the Hospital gave Matt last night. It's more or less the standard stuff:

"You may be lightheaded after receiving sedation or anesthesia. DO NOT operate a motor vehicle (automobile, bicycle, motorcycle, or power tools), make any important decisions, or drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours."

That's right, making important decisions is just as dangerous as, say, operating a front end loader when you are loopy. We had a pretty good time speculating what sort of decisions Matt should not be making in his condition. But this was my favorite part:

"A responsible person should be with you for the next 24 hours."

Meaning me. Matt laughed so hard at that one, I think he almost busted a stitch.

4 witty remarks on "Easily amused"

Anonymous said...

making someone laugh after abdominal surgery (even the laser kind) is just down right mean.

just ask my dad. he made me laugh post-c section.

worst.idea.ever

hope matt is feeling better soon.

idyihuts: people who make major decisions post abdominal surgery

Anonymous said...

I agree with hoosiermommy, I know firsthand about laughing with a belly full of stitches, or even just a few(if only my babies could have been born laparoscopically)!

Anonymous said...

Well now, Joni wouldnt know about laughing with a belly full of stitches! Actually, come to think about it, neither do I!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Seriously, glad to know Matt's doing well.

susan opel on 12:36 PM said...

Yes, these are the things that amuse me. Like the time I got a new camera and I was to keep it away from "the infants." Whaaaaa?

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez