Sunday, January 6, 2008

As promised: Pictures!


Just in case you ever wondered what the doors in my house look like, now's your chance to find out!

First up, the maternity dress:


Honestly, I feel kind of 'meh' about this one. I went by the measurements and sewed a Medium and it ended up kind of tenty and sacky. Also, the zipper looks horrible which means I can never wear it when Mom is around. On the plus side, it's a maternity dress so there's a limited amount of time I can actually wear it, and then I'll pass it on to someone else without any guilt.

I've been wearing my glasses a lot more lately because my contact lenses have been giving me problems. I've read that it can happen during pregnancy but it's never happened to me before. Yes, being pregnant can actually change the shape of your eyeball (as if the freakishly distended uterus wasn't humiliation enough). There's no excuse for why I'm not wearing any tights, though, except that maternity pantyhose are the devil's tool.

The art on the wall behind me is a Porter original (he goes by one name professionally, kind of like Christo and equally hard to clean up after).

Here is the second dress, which is only about 80% completed. I messed up the ties (Hey! Those pattern markings are there for a reason!) but I can't wait to wear it.

Mainly because I can't wait to be a normal shape again.

I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking lately (and not putting away my supplies in between, which is why there are Hermafix tabs all over the front of the dishwasher) so here are just a few pages to share. I couldn't fit all of the journaling onto the same layout as the photos so I did a separate no-photo page. I should probably do that more often. (Click on the second one if you want to see it... the image got all funky when I resized it.)
Do you not love the patterned paper? It's from K and Company's Wild Saffron line (which, for some reason, does not show on their website). I see that and I think, Vintage apron. I wish it was fabric. (Half the time, I see fabric and I think, I wish that was scrapbook paper. The other half of the time it's the other way around. This is a serious problem.) I stalked Michaels for about two months before they finally restocked the matching felt flowers, and I got the last pack. Bwahahaaa.


Last but not least, here is my linen closet Before:
And here is the After.
It's not exactly something out of Martha Stewart Living but I've finally created a sense of order, and more importantly, all of the games have a home. Have I ever mentioned how much I love those Sterilite storage baskets? They are like two bucks at Target. I keep practically everything in my house in one of those (I need to go and get some more actually). If you come to my house after the baby's born and you find her sleeping in one, that's when you'll know I've gone too far.

10 witty remarks on "As promised: Pictures!"

Anonymous said...

Your contacts don't fit?
Must be because, when pregnant,
You're seeing for two.

CyndiAKADisneyqueen on 8:28 AM said...

I would never think to put additional journaling on another page. I will be lifting that idea. Loved the pages and I think the dresses are cute. Wish I could sew!

Amy Nabors on 6:04 PM said...

okay, first that comment about the uterus had me spitting water all the place! and you look so cute! second i love that second dress! what pattern is it? and third that paper is so delicious and i'm the same way about fabric and paper. :) glad you are getting a lot done. hope you continue to feel well.

Joni on 6:35 PM said...

it's Kwik Sew #6674... they sell Kwik Sew patterns for about 3 bucks at Target! ;-)

The pattern doesn't give yardages to use separate fabrics on the top/bottom so make sure and buy the pattern in advance so you can do a test layout before you buy your fabric. Or just be normal and do it all in one fabric. ;-)

Joni on 6:36 PM said...

I meant to say Walmart, not Target.

Talk about a freudian slip!

Mandy's Blogspot on 9:01 PM said...

i like the first dress
flowers look good when pregnant
don't loan it to me (someday)

Anonymous said...

Hey want to come clean out my linen closet? I think house elves have come and messed mine up AGAIN. I really like the dresses, and when I come see you just walk with your front to me the whole time and I won't see the zip! I'm sure it looks fine. Nice doors too.

Anonymous said...

You look soo cute Joni! I love that dress on you..it doesnt hang like a sack or whatever. Great job!

Kristen on 2:46 PM said...

i LOVE your scrap pages. I am totally crap at scrapping (hey, "crap at scrapping". I may have just invented my new blog...) and i love being inspired by genius people!

Catherine on 2:28 PM said...

Joni, your ankles
While pregnant are still nicer
than my fug cankles.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez