Friday, June 1, 2007

so far, so good...



Well, it's the first of June so I thought I'd look back at my resolutions. Because I'm a dork, everything I vowed to do in 2007 has to do with scrapbooking. Let's see how I'm doing so far, shall we?

1. Seriously, it’s time to start using the stash. Buy no more than 3 new patterned papers + 2 embellishments a month! Use what I’ve got! Mmm... pretty much. I did blow the wad when I went to Scrap Etc. in March, but I actually spent the exact amount I had budgeted for myself. I think that 3 papers + 2 embellishments is a bit too restrictive, though. Some months I buy 5 patterned papers, other times I'll get 4 embellishments and 1 paper. As for using my stash? Still working on that.

2. Keep submitting to the magazines. Try out for a manufacturer’s design team as well. I'm still submitting like a crazy person. I did get my Thanksgiving layout picked up by Scrapbook Trends for their holiday idea book, so I'm pretty excited about that. As far as design teams... well, it's a total pipe dream, but I've heard that American Crafts gets a new DT every September...

3. Do a no photo layout. Not yet, but I have one in the works. Hey, does anyone know where I can find some clip art of a cardinal, a peony and an ear of corn?

4. Use more than 1 brand of patterned paper ON THE SAME PAGE! Yes, it happens occasionally...

5. Finish up my CK Hall of Fame entry. Though I don’t expect to win, I’ll have 8 awesome layouts that might not existed otherwise. I did enter HOF, and it was a really neat experience. I made some layouts I love and I bonded with some of my scrapbook buddies... what's not to like about that?

6. Get outside my ‘bubble’ and attend a crop. Not yet. I'm really quite antisocial when I scrap.

7. Use my handwriting more often. Actually, I'm doing this a lot, thanks to the Autumn Leaves journaling stamps I got at Hobby Lobby (half price!) Seriously, those things are great.

8. Try something ‘old’ (like clear stickers or die cuts) I did a page with Jolee's, for the first time in like five years.

9. Try something ‘new’: machine stitching, digital technique… There aren't a lot of things out there that I haven't done (short of getting 'I Scrap' tattooed on my bicep) but I do machine stitch on a lot of my pages. (Which has a lot to do with my no longer being terrified of sewing machines.) I still haven't done anything digital, despite Jenny's urging. I'm really just too attached (not to mention heavily invested) to paper, glue and stickers to go digi.

10. Take some more self portraits. (And no, these goofy ones don’t count!) I did take a bunch more pictures of myself... but I was making silly faces. (Don't worry: it's for a layout.) After Emily cuts my hair, then I will be so gorgeous I will just have to bust out with the camera timer.
Posted by Picasa

5 witty remarks on "so far, so good..."

Anonymous said...

I do know that you have a certain brother in law who could probably do the 'tat.

Anonymous said...

Not to endorse the Mac again, but Photo Booth + built-in webcam= fun (or very disturbing) self portrait opportunities. Feel free to play around with it next time I'm up there.
My current Facebook pic is a sort of glowing, disembodied face.

Kristen on 12:22 AM said...

Haha Joni I saw your response to my comment on Dress a Day and I had this *hunch* and then I clicked the link to your blog and see "kevin's mission pictures" and YEP! Haha. Seriously though, you are right. ALL of the great patterns are totally sleeveless! I've found a couple that I am mega in love with though that have kimono sleeves. Ebay is my new best friend. :)

Joni on 12:42 PM said...

Yeah, it's a small world, isn't it! ;-)

susan opel on 6:37 PM said...

My responses to you resolutions and comments:
1. You will NEVER use it up - get over that! :)
2. Cool about the ST layout. And holy cow - American Crafts ROCKS!
3. I smell a layout about our fair state (or the state fair?)
4. Be strong!
5. It was fun, wasn't it?
6. I recall meeting you at a crop - what are you talking about?
7. I steer clear of this!
8. I used to just LOVE JoLee's!
9. I'm glad to be a hybrid scrapper, and the sewing for you is only natural!
10. I'm glad I have a built in photographer at my house!

How's SOY coming? I worked on layout #1 today!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez