Thursday, April 24, 2008

Truth in advertising


I think that, in this case, the sentiment speaks for itself:


So anyway, in the interest of full disclosure and all that, I should tell you that this is going to be a very long and rambling post. You may find it boring, as it's comprised mostly of things I thought of when I was up at 3 a.m. Consider yourself warned.


We got a new bishop on Sunday. His name is Craig. This means that 3 out of the last 4 bishops we've had were Craigs. (I should make a list of them... har har.) In fact, a previous bishopric even had an emergency backup Craig. He moved away to a different state... and promptly got called as bishop. Man, am I ever glad my husband is named Matt.


Yay, there's a new Death Cab for Cutie song! I think that my favorite Death Cab song is still this one, however (plus the video is neat).


I finished a dress I started working on, like, a month ago. (The colors in the photo are a little off, but trust me, it's the best fabric EVER. Hey Mom, can you guess the designer?) The pattern is Simplicity 3875, only I used the View B sleeves and the View C neck. I had to make a new pattern piece for that, plus I changed the back a little. Oh, and I added pockets.

I am really happy because this dress ACTUALLY FITS ME, RIGHT NOW, and it's NOT MATERNITY CLOTHES or ANYTHING. I knew there was a reason dresses were invented.

Porter's birthday is on Sunday. You know what I realized? I like cake a lot better than pie, but I am actually a lot better at making pie than cake. (I'm also pretty talented at making Pie.)


Amy is doing better at sleeping, but only in her carseat. I get the feeling she's going to love her baby swing, once she gets enough head support to use it. I got out my baby sling today, too. It's useful for when I'm on the computer and actually want to use two hands to type because I swear this baby wants to be held all the time. I am so going to miss it when she's a toddler, though (or a snotty teenager, right?)



Every time I have a new baby, Matt and I watch the entire series of Band of Brothers. We got started when Betsy was brand new and Matt went to Blockbuster (!) to rent a video (!!) that we could watch while I was sitting around nursing. Needless to say, we had to see the whole 10 hours of it (plus bonus features). It's sort of become a tradition since then, because as we all know nothing says "Welcome to the world, sweet baby!" like guys getting their legs blown off in the Ardennes forest...



I'm a bit late blogging about it, since the new episode airs tonight, but how great was this?

As someone who was fake-proposed to, I found that scene hilarious. Long story short: Matt took me out on a super romantic date, horse carriage ride, you name it, with a jewelry box in his shirt pocket. (I found out later the box was fake - he didn't even pick up the ring until the next day.) And took me home and kissed me goodnight and didn't propose to me. And stood on a street corner the next day holding a cardboard sign, you know, like a mendicant. So if Jim shows up in the season finale with a sign that says "Will Marry For Food," I will seriously die.



I think I may have run out of things to say for now. Aren't you relieved?

5 witty remarks on "Truth in advertising"

Catherine on 10:18 PM said...

I should make you a CD of music to play for Pie. You know how people play Mozart for their babies so they'll grow up smart? If you play Talking Heads for your baby will she grow up ironic?

Anonymous said...

I've been playing a lot of 70's prog rock and jazz fusion, in the hope that Miles will grow up pretentious and inaccessible.

It never ceases to amuse me that you are a Death Cab (and TMBG) fan. Shouldn't you be listening to Shania Twain? Expect a nasty letter from the Neighborhood Association any day now.

Mandy's Blogspot on 3:53 PM said...

jim's fake proposal = more awesomer than ross and rachel.

Catherine on 6:00 PM said...

Silly Mike, art students aren't allowed to listen to popular, highly-paid artists. We're too individual. (Funnily enough, we're all individual in the same way.)

Anonymous said...

I was talking to the Embellisher, Cath. I understand your need to join the different crowd and express your individuality with others who are different like you.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez