Thursday, April 3, 2008

...And we know that deliverance is nigh.


Still pregnant over here but with one very important difference: I have an actual number of days left to go. My doctor is going to induce me next Thursday, so Cutie Pie will be born on Friday, the 11th. (I actually could have had her today, only that was a no go because Matt's in Utah. Actually I think he's somewhere in the sky right now.) Not only is it nice to have a light at the end of the tunnel (try not to think too hard about that) but also, more importantly, it means that Emily can come up from Kentucky and stay with the kids. I've been a teensy bit worried about how that would work out, since all of our family is so far away.

Mainly, though, I just want to stop being pregnant.

I'm actually feeling pretty well prepared. The bassinet is set up, the suitcase is packed, the carseat is installed, all the teeny little socks and snap-side shirts have been washed and stashed away in the changing table. And I have a couple of packs of newborn diapers - it was kind of hilarious, actually, buying Porter's and Amy's diapers today. He wears the size 6 ones. Not all of the laundry is done but at least the bathrooms are clean, and this weekend (since it's General Conference) I think we will finish cleaning up the rest of the house. This is all very important to me because when I had Porter, almost none of that stuff had been done. Yeah, ask me about installing the infant seat in the store parking lot on the way to the hospital. In the rain. (It was pretty funny, I have to admit.) Also, my house was a mess and I worried about that while I was in labor. In the end my mother-in-law and a lady from church came and cleaned everything before we came home with Porter, which was really, really nice but also embarrassing.

So, I'm feeling pretty well set up for the whole thing, which probably means I'm forgetting something really important. I wonder what it is...

4 witty remarks on "...And we know that deliverance is nigh."

CyndiAKADisneyqueen on 2:32 PM said...

Man, 3 more days and the baby would have been born on my birthday. Best to you and the family. Can't wait to see baby pics.

Catherine on 7:37 PM said...

Hey, know what you should do that would be really, really smart and clever and responsible? Moving to PA. WOW what a good idea!

Good luck with the pie, now. Don't forget to take your epidural.

Anonymous said...

Happy almost birthday, Cyndi!

Sadly, we haven't heard from the people in Pennsylvania. I guess their phones broke too. Kind of ironic that these are CALL CENTER JOBS and they can't pick up a phone and...

susan opel on 3:01 PM said...

So that light at the end of the tunnel thing made me laugh. Nice to know ahead ot time, I think. But what would I know?

Thinking about you!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez