People, it has three bullet points on it.
1. I went to college. (We're still paying for it. We probably always will be.) 2. I worked in a lab for a little while, actually using my degree like some sort of adult. That didn't last long, since I got pregnant and then got laid off in rapid succession. 3. I started tutoring a little while after that. I'm actually planning to hang on to this job for as long as I can because it's one of the few professions you can do in your pajamas. Not that I make a ton of money, but it pays for my scrapbook supplies, and it feels good to have an income right now.
And that's it. Sure, I had a lot of jobs before then (most memorably, I worked the switchboard at Butler and scooped ice cream for two summers) but they are completely irrelevant to my qualifications for, well, anything. I only wish that I was allowed to list all the other things I've been doing for the past seven years.
- Made three people from scratch
- Had some scrapbook pages published
- Hammer Pants
- Learned how to make risotto
- Used the phrase "Because I said so" in a non-ironic fashion
I think I'd be a pretty impressive candidate for any job, don't you think? (And speaking of resumes, many congratulations to Susan and Beth on their new jobs! You gals rock!)