Monday, April 16, 2007

Time to buy furniture!


Soooo... we went to IKEA on Saturday.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love that store? I really, really wish there was one here so we didn't have to keep driving to Chicago. We went to the Bolingbrook location instead of the Schaumburg store (no fair! they have two!) because it was a little closer. But the floorplan was really weirdly set up: like there was only one elevator and it was really hard to get to. I think we'll go back to the Scaumburg one next time.

Still, I had a really great time shopping there, since IKEA is like the funnest store of all time. We had lunch in the in-store cafe even. (I remember eating Swedish meatballs as a kid but I have no idea when, it's the vaguest of memories. Funny how my taste buds remember what my brain has forgotten.) And yes, we filled up three carts. Although one whole cart was just seat cushions for our new dining room chairs so I don't think that really counts, do you?

10 witty remarks on "Time to buy furniture!"

Anonymous said...

You look very cute in your blouse....aren't you a handy one?

Besty's hair is really long....she isnt allowed to grow up, either.

Porter looks the same....not much changed.

You got how much stuff?? 3 carts?? That's a ton. I will have to find out what all you bought on Tuesday!! Enjoy your new stuff!

Anonymous said...

I thought IKEA was out once you bought a house and had kids... I remember it being being cheap, hip, and apratment-friendly but not super-durable. But what do I know, I sleep on a futon...

Anonymous said...

oh, and I can spell apartment...
congrats on the new gear

Joni on 8:10 AM said...

Naaah... their stuff is nicer than you'd think. IKEA has furniture in every price range, from cheap (college student style) to not as cheap (for, ya know, grown ups). Plus, they have AWESOME stuff for kids.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your trip to IKEA was a huge success! I'm heading there in the next month - got a gift certificate for Christmas that is burning a hole in my pocket! 3 carts full? You talked me into it!:)

Unknown on 4:09 PM said...

I so love IKEA!
Love those chairs!
Glad you made the most of your shopping experience!
Did you drive the moving van? It looks like you needed it!
You look fantastic!
By the way, why am I not on your blog list? Hello!!!!

Anonymous said...

IKEA!!!! Yay! I've been to the Schaumburg store as well as one in LA and one in metro DC.

But I highly doubt that one can say that IKEA is better than MEIJER!

:):):)

Anonymous said...

A futon? Pshaw! In my day (specifically, today) I slept on a mattress, atop a sheet of plywood, on top of plastic storage containers!

CyndiAKADisneyqueen on 10:54 AM said...

The closest IKEa to us is nearly 5 hours away. Have fun with your new stuiff. Hope to set foot in it one day.

Joni on 9:46 PM said...

Carolyn - omission duly noted! I reformatted my bkog and haven't gotten around to installing all my links. Anyone else want their blog linked? I know there are a bunch I am missing!

Susan - I think it's safe to say that IKEA and Meijer are apples and oranges. Although Meijer does sell some furniture and I'm pretty sure they have Swedish meatballs as well!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez