Tuesday, March 13, 2007

embellish your behind


I can't believe it, I'm leaving day after tomorrow for the Scrap Etc. Event! I worked on laundry and a few projects today, including these jeans:

I picked up the jeans at Goodwill and embellished them with Heidi Swapp foam stamps, fabric paint, and a Sharpie marker. I thought they'd be kind of cheesy looking and really only suitable for a scrapbooking convention, but I'm actually quite happy with how they turned out.

The kids and I headed down to Hobby Lobby this afternoon - I needed a pencil box for all my adhesives and sharp little craft knives and stuff to travel in - and as is my wont, ended up perusing the clearance fabrics. Where I found these obscenely gorgeous, heavy Japanese polyester satins for a price so dizzyingly low, I felt a little faint.

They're actually the same print - each colorway has a totally different personality, so it took me a while to realize that! I don't have a clue what I will make with them, since I already have a dress and two aprons in the queue. Fortunately I've recently learned how to buy fabric so I was all set - although I'm less inclined to make circle skirts so I went with three yards instead of four. They're now sitting on the shelf in my laundry roomuntil I can think of what to do.

Go ahead and say it, Mom...

The weather was so beautiful and perfect today - 71 and sunny - that the kids and I really had no choice but to go play outside. If it's this nice over the weekend, Matt's going to have an awesome time with the kids.

4 witty remarks on "embellish your behind"

Anonymous said...

If I don't get the chance before Thursday, have the rockingest coolest greatest time in Alabama with your embellished behind! Give some love to all of the cool Scrap Etc. girls and have a blast! Hopefully you can meet up with Brenda Arnall while you are there. Have a safe trip! Don't get dizzy or faint while you are driving!!!!

Joni on 7:35 PM said...

Hee hee! Don't worry, Susan, I will grow lightheaded only if I pass a really good sale along the way or something!

Unknown on 9:56 AM said...

I still can't believe you are going to the event... for free!

Love the fabric! Love the jeans!

Have such a fun time!

Sue on 10:34 AM said...

COOL jeans - great idea :) you'll look HOT!!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez