Friday, September 5, 2008

Guess who weighs eighteen pounds and isn't getting polio?


AMY LOU, that's who. She is also a pro at rolling back and forth, sometimes does and sometimes does not like cereal, has a tiny corner of one tiny tooth poking through her gums, and is FURIOUS that she hasn't learned how to crawl yet. Dang, I really need to take some more pictures of her, I think the most recent ones are from the State Fair, and that was a while ago. Trust me, she's cute.

Got me some blog love from Beth and Susan!

And got a Six Random Facts tag from... um, someone. I think it was Mom. (Everyone and their mother is blogging these days! Har har!) Granted, I've been writing this blog for over two years now, and while it's ostensibly for the purposes of keeping updated on the kids, I mostly just write random musings and navel-gazing, don't I? And then Dad comments in haiku. It's all good. However, I think there's a lot of value to the 'random things' posts because you probably know the BIG things about me (number of kids, whether or not I like chemistry [yes], etc) but that doesn't tell you that I haven't eaten Jello for years and years and years. You know why, Dad. And maybe I am trying to sound more interesting than I really am. (And if I sound totally incoherent, it's because I've been awake since four-thirty this morning purple monkey dishwasher.)

Aaaaaanyway. Six things you probably really should know about me, if you don't already.

1. I can't accessorize worth a darn. Shoes, jewelry, purses... they don't do a thing for me. Does that mean I am going to have my girl card revoked?

2. I've still never had a pedicure.

3. My brain is filled with useless trivia... just don't ask me a geography question.

4. However, I am a really good speller.

5. I could probably go the rest of my life without buying another scrapbook supply. I'm not going to though.

6. I taught myself how to sew when I was 26 & I'm still ridiculously proud of myself for that.


11 witty remarks on "Guess who weighs eighteen pounds and isn't getting polio?"

Anonymous said...

It brightens my day
To get the latest update
On "Embellish Life."

Anonymous said...

Didn't you learn the Conservation of Girliness law in Thermodynamics? I got your ability to accessorize.

Catherine on 10:36 PM said...

Mommy's all right.
Daddy's all right.
They just seem a little...weird.

And so do you. Chemistry. You like chemistry and not tastefully-assembled, complementing fashion statements.

Anonymous said...

This seems to be the
place for making announcements
so - I bought a car.

'95 Corolla
gray inside and black outside -
black, just like my soul.

Anonymous said...

Brett Favre still has it;
Aaron Rodgers has it too.
All's well that ends well.

Solid car, eran

celeste'sblog on 6:39 PM said...

So I don't know how
To write things in Haiku but
You're kids are cute too.


And yeah for kevin's new car!!!

susan opel on 7:28 PM said...

Spelling - check
Sewing - check
No accessories or pedicure - what the heck?

:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, get a pedicure! You will adore it! And you will find yourself sneaking constant glances at your beautiful toes.

Ha! If you stopped buying scrapbook supplies, I'd KNOW you had a severe fever!

Kristen on 11:14 AM said...

been trying to leave a comment for a week. darn'd internet!

i have a horrible fear of getting a pedicure (or a manicure)! I've heard so many stories of bad hygiene and crazy infections! eeee.

Anonymous said...

All fat baby's are cute, plus Amy is cool and her cheeks are TASTYLISHIOS!!! And don't be sad that you have never had a pedicure because the closest I have gotten is those vibrating-hot-water things, and we bought that for like, four dollars.

Anonymous said...

Polio... isn't that a brand of string-cheese?

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez