Friday, June 27, 2008

Random things I'm loving right now


1. My new job - I get paid to do lab stuff all day! I've learned a bunch of new tests (they have an automatic titrator! I guess a QC lab has slightly more budget than an environmental lab) and I more or less know what I'm doing. If I had to go back to work it's nice to have something I actually enjoy.

2. New products from American Crafts

3. My minty new sewing machine: It has a blindhem and a stretch stitch! It has a light and a built-in thread cutter! It does zippers and buttonholes! (Meaning I no longer have an excuse not to make dresses for Betsy.) And it was on sale from Hancock's with free shipping. I just wish it would have arrived sooner so I could play with it more before I started working, but I'll deal with that. I think I need to find a sturdier workspace than a cheapie card table in the corner of my bedroom, because once this machine really gets going (variable speed! how 'bout that?) the whole assembly starts to shake violently.






4. Baby fat - hers, not mine.


5. Last Comic Standing on Thursday nights - although I can't believe the Israeli prop comic didn't make it to the next round.


6. My organized kitchen, now that I finally put all this stuff up last week.

I think we only spent about $15 at IKEA for all the parts (and I still have an extra wire basket that I will mount directly on the wall once I get some more wall anchors). I think the whole system would work great for a craft room, too, if you're lucky enough to have a craft room!

7. Baby elephants

8. Cheez Its - I hadn't eaten them for years and I've recently rediscovered how delicious they are. How crazy is that? They have to be the real thing, though, and not Cheese Nips or the store brand.

9. Betsy's new obsession with numbers. She took 11 bites of her scrambled eggs last night. The other day she hopped on one foot 33 times. Why 33 times? Because her daddy is 33, that's why. She's figuring out addition, too. We did some adding and subtracting with M&M's a few days ago but I think the only lesson she learned is that chocolate is delicious.

10. Blogger taking four or five attempts to publish my post (Oh sorry, this was supposed to be about things I love. That was a thing I don't love!)

4 witty remarks on "Random things I'm loving right now"

Anonymous said...

so glad you are enjoying the new job! and i love baby elephants too. i can't wait to go back to our zoo and see how much the baby has grown since march.

Anonymous said...

Math skills are a must
For Betsy's future career
In engineering.

Catherine on 5:58 PM said...

Pie needs to cut down on the pie, if you know what I'm saying, and what I'm saying is that the most recent fruit of your worthy womb is charming the heck out of me. And you can only tell she's smiling when her eyes scrunch up even more.

Also, Dad:
Don't give up hope, Pa.
Of your offshoots one might still
be an engineer.

Just remember the
Jamaican bobsled team that
won the Olympics.

susan opel on 7:42 PM said...

Ikea, American Crafts, and organization all in one post - pure bliss!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez