Thursday, August 23, 2007

Four down, 176 to go


So, this week I started teaching seminary. That's where the high school age kids in our ward all get together and do scripture study - this year, it's the Old Testament. Since we don't live in Utah and don't get school release time to do it, the class meets at 6:00 in the morning. It's not at my house - I never did have to clean up the dead spiders - so I do have to get up a few minutes earlier to drive over to the house where it's being held, but on the other hand the other teacher has a nice finished basement, so that's good. We've had four classes so far and I've covered some of the basic stuff - how to use the footnotes, for one - and it seems to be going well. The kids have actually behaved decently, I think because they are too tired to cause much trouble.



And I am e x h a u s t e d. But I think it will get better.



I got some glasses, so I won't have to put in my contact lenses at 5:30 in the morning (which just seems wrong to me somehow). I haven't worn glasses since I was 20 years old and had no fashion sense. I picked these little beauties up yesterday and aren't they cute?

6 witty remarks on "Four down, 176 to go"

CyndiAKADisneyqueen on 2:47 PM said...

Joni that sounds great.I pray every morning that my young adult class gets someting out of my sunday school class. At least I hope they do.

Anonymous said...

Love the glasses! Do they have rhinestones like mine??

Anonymous said...

I've learned more about footnotes this week than I ever wanted to know. At least the LDS canon does not consistently use the See signal in contravention to Blue Book Rule 1.2(a), unlike some people I could name.

Oh, were we talking about you? Sorry, carry on...

Anonymous said...

Your glasses are so adorable! Very you in a vintage hip sorta way.

Having fun with the high school kiddies? Welcome to my world...

susan opel on 8:18 PM said...

High schoolers at 6 am. Bet they are pretty quiet.

*snicker snicker*

But you rally the troops, dontcha?

Hope you are enjoying yourself!

Unknown on 8:06 PM said...

They are totally cute Joni! I love them! And, yes, it is incorrect to put your eyes through the trauma of contacts that early in the morning! You should've gotten them years ago! They look great on you!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez