Wednesday, January 31, 2007

s-sooo c-c-colddd


Apparently it's actually winter now or something. When we left the house this morning it was literally NINE degrees outside. The kind of cold that feels like an insult. Eventually the day warmed to a quite balmy 21. I can't complain, though... at least it was sunny. (That and there was a big 'No Complaining' sign hanging above my head... ha ha... anyone?)

My Hall of Fame entry is about 95% done. All the hard stuff is over, yet I seem to have completely stalled out. I seriously need to get 1 more photo and then mail it. But that would require leaving the house and it is much too cold to do that.

On the bright side, Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I got some fun heart garlands, I think I'll let Betsy help me hang them up. Also, I have developed a peculiar addiction to those pink jelly hearts... you know the ones... that don't quite taste like cherries? I always go crazy on one weird seasonal candy (candy corn, candy canes, those Spice flavored jelly beans where the purple ones taste like Anise or something 1920's like that, and not like grape, which is disgusting) and eat a bunch of it, and then when the season is over, I'm good. Am I the only one who does this? I think I should scrapbook about it, or something.

Try not to get The Decembrists' "Oh Valencia" stuck in your head. Go ahead, I dare you.

5 witty remarks on "s-sooo c-c-colddd"

Anonymous said...

A) Yeah, I get it.

B) Actually, it is now stuck in my head. You know, that's ok.

Anonymous said...

Yup - leaving the house can be so brutal!

Get that last picture taken and get on with it!
:):):)

Joni on 10:58 AM said...

A) Good job, Kevin. I also would have accepted 'That sign's just for the inmates; you can complain all you want.'

B) It's like the earwormiest song ever.

Anonymous said...

yeah, it's playing right now.

Unknown on 8:45 PM said...

I'm the same way with the candy!

I'm hoping to mail the HOF this weekend too! Yahooo!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez