Monday, January 22, 2007

HECK YES!!!


The Colts are going to the Super Bowl!!!

I didn't watch most of the game because I knew it would stress me out too much. Matt insisted that I come down and see it when they were tied at 34. When there were 30 seconds left and the Patriots had the ball, Matt said "They need a sack" and I said "Or an interception, that would be good" and right that very moment Marlin Jackson caught an interception and basically ended the game. I can only imagine how insane it was downtown. I'd just assumed that Tom Brady and New England were unbeatable - and an 18-point lead sure did look insurmountable, didn't it? ;-) Now we have high hopes for what the newspapers have already dubbed "The I-65 Bowl" (even if I-65 really only gets you as far as all that stinkin' construction in Gary) but I think I will have to find some other project to distract me from the game.

Speaking of football, Matt and I watched 'Invincible' over the weekend. I was expecting to hate it (I hated 'The Rookie') but actually I think I got into it more than Matt did. He liked the football stuff, I liked the awesome soundtrack (the movie does take place in 1976 after all) and seeing J.D.'s pregnant urologist girlfriend from 'Scrubs.' Good date movie, I think.

We did get dumped with snow yesterday, for the first time all season really. It's already starting to melt, but it's wet and easy to pack so Matt took Betsy out this morning and they made a snowman together. We didn't have any regular size carrots, so he has a baby carrot for a nose. Posted by Picasa

8 witty remarks on "HECK YES!!!"

Anonymous said...

yeah we got our first snow here in the VA just yesterday. I am not pleased.

Anonymous said...

I have plenty I can send to either one of you.

Anonymous said...

Why exactly do you think I moved so far away from home?

Joni on 11:35 AM said...

I thought it was to get away from Mom?

Anonymous said...

Err, yeah, that too. But promise not to tell her . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked I tell ya...shocked....he always told me it was the allergies that kept him away, not MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..........*sniff sniff...looks around for some sympathy*

Anonymous said...

Go COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am one bandwagoning chickaroo, but I am ALWAYS up for a reason to celebrate - I watched the entire game, actually!

Unknown on 8:41 PM said...

I get a kick out of you being so into football!

There is a new girl in our ward that looks like you... at least from what I see in pictures. I think of you every time I talk to her!!!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez