Tuesday, September 26, 2006

And you thought the $4 suede boots were a good deal.


Matt's parents went back to Utah today (sad face) so in the afternoon, I did a little shopping (happy face). I had seen Hobby Lobby's sale ad which said that ALL of their stickers, papers, and rub-ons for scrapbooking are 50% off this week. Hobby Lobby's prices are quite reasonable to begin with, so I definitely wanted to stock up.

They had some new patterned papers in from We R Memories Urban Window collection - I got some of the Diner papers - Hello gorgeous, where have you been all my life?! I've never used We R before - they seem to be big into the boho look, which I'm not huge on but like in small doses - but I really, really loved the bright colors on a white background. I also liked some of the Restoration prints, in soft muted greens and grays... will work nicely for a potential Hall of Fame layout... hmmm...

Anyway, all that patterned paper, plus a bunch of cardstock (I know, I know, I have a lot of cardstock already, but at twelve and a half cents a sheet, you woulda bought some too) and some of those 7Gypsies stickers... came to like 5 bucks. Have I mentioned that I love Hobby Lobby?

Then we headed around the corner to Old Navy, because I had some returns. I decided to kill some time by checking out the clearance sections... and HOLY COW did I hit the motherlode! They had just marked down a bunch of stuff to 97 cents each. Most of it was mini-skirts and tank tops, which I can't wear, but I found some good stuff. I found some capri pants - they are literally the cutest capri pants in the entire universe - so I bought 5 pairs, in 3 different colors and 2 different sizes. Because they were NINETY-SEVEN CENTS EACH.

I also got a couple of cute T-shirts; then I headed over to the register with my loot. Lo and behold, the girl at the register was in the process of marking down MORE stuff that she was about to put out, so I got a maternity (NO I AM NOT PREGNANT I AM JUST PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE) blouse and jacket for, you guessed it, 97 cents each. And saved the cashier from having to walk over to the rack to hang them up again. All in all, I bought 9 things, and spent a whopping total of $9.25 (yes, that includes the tax). When I got home, I added up all the tags and found out it was, like, $200 or something.

Am I a dork, to be so excited over a good sale? Probably. But I'm a well-dressed dork.

I'm also excited because there's a new episode of NCIS on tonight. Woo hoo!

2 witty remarks on "And you thought the $4 suede boots were a good deal."

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on the Old Navy clearance rack thing - I got a ton of stuff there the other day (not quite $.97) but still really great deals, like a jeans jacket for $22 and a basic white shirt for $1.97. Why WOULDN't ya check it out?!?!?!

So, I liked the phrase about a "potential Hall of Fame" layout... (happy face).

Unknown on 8:24 AM said...

$.97?????
Oh mamma! That feels good!
I'm a little green with envy. My ON is far away or I'd shop there more often, heck for $.97 it's well worth the trip! I've gotta check it out!

Love all of the drooling over new supplies! I haven't bought new stuff since I went to Luv2, but, no need! I haven't been using it! I hope to change that!

Love the 'sad face', 'happy face' additions! They make me smile (happy face)!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez