Thursday, July 6, 2006

They never forget


I, on the other hand, forget to update my blog from time to time! We had an awesome 4th of July weekend. Matt had both Monday and Tuesday off from work (his company owed it to him, since he worked like a DOG all last month) so we had a 4 day weekend to relax and goof off. We went swimming, went for walks, cooked out, and stalked the new house. On Monday we went down to the zoo first thing in the morning. I found that's a good time to go because not only is it less crowded, the animals are more active when it is not insanely hot.

My favorite, of course, are the elephants. The baby one was born last fall & he has not been out much before this. (Did you know that not only are they pregnant forever, but baby elephants nurse for 2 years?) It was awesome to watch. Another one was actually cooling off in their water hole, which I've never seen them do before. I was like 10 feet away from her. It was awesome.



3 witty remarks on "They never forget"

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on how I spent my "day off from work" on Monday . . .

Anonymous said...

Kept looking for you while we were in Indy. We shopped for a bit at Clay Terrace - nice place! When are you coming to visit us in the Fort?

Joni on 5:53 PM said...

aw man! You guys were like 3 minutes from my apartment! I could have met up with you at Memoirs... (sigh)

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez