Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dads and grads


Happy Father's Day! Posted by Picasa We made breakfast in bed for Matt (Okay, I made breakfast in bed for Matt) (Okay, it was cinnamon rolls from a can) which Betsy permitted her dad actually to eat a few bites of, himself. At church the primary kids sang "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home." Betsy was suspiciously mute for a girl who sings constantly at home. Oh well. We made him a birthday cake for dessert - actually that was a matter of some dispute, because Betsy insisted it was a brown birthdaycake (her second favorite kind after pink birthdaycake) but Matt kept saying it was NOT his birthday. I think it was a matter of semantics, because it's the same cake.

My little sister Catherine graduated high school today. (Congratulations, Cath! Sorry I haven't sent your gift yet!) I would say that her graduation is a Father's Day gift for my dad, since he doesn't have to pay her tuition any more, but she still has 4 years of college to go. Ouch! When I called the folks, I found out that our former babysitter Tricia had flown up from Florida to see Cath graduate. (Catherine was practically her baby. Tricia was and still is the only person who has gotten away with calling her Katie!) That was a fun surprise for Cath and it was neat for me to talk on the phone with her.

Matt is talking to his dad on the phone now. (We call my dad first because of the time zones - it's way later in New York than in Utah!) So to all the dads in our life, have a good one!

4 witty remarks on "Dads and grads"

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day.
Matt, you've got beautiful kids.
Wife's kinda cute, too.

Anonymous said...

As I have grown up and left home, I have realized with a feeling akin to horror that I am becoming my dad. I have picked up his speech mannerisms and other bizarre behavior (although I won't go so far as to say everything in haiku). But along with this is a realization that I am becoming my dad in other, more important ways. If I can be half the man he is, I will be happy. Thanks, Dad.

Anonymous said...

Awww Kev that is a very nice thing to say about your dad!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks for the great comment Joan. It was great to get back to my roots, yet I missed seeing the other half of the family. Hoping to see everyone at the wedding though. I did feel like a proud "parent" watching Cath taking those few yet so important steps. Yet I am still awe struck of how great your parents are and what an awesome job that they have and are still doing as parents! You are very lucky to have them and I am even more lucky to have them as my mentors!! Luv, Trish

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez