Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy birthday to MEEE!


Friday is my favorite day of the week anyway... lucky that it's my birthday too! Today I am 29, which makes me the same age as my mother (it's a biological miracle). My mother-in-law gave me the gift of cold, hard cash which translated into a trip to Archiver's. I had a blast. (Actually some of this stuff I bought a few weeks ago when Scrapbook Corner was closing. sob)

I have to say, even I am surprised at how much Basic Grey I bought, considering that my usual amount is none. I don't know why, I just found the colors in those papers really appealing. (Lest you think I am abandoning long-held principles, though, rest assured that I didn't like any of the other BG lines that I saw. Not even the Christmas ones.) Anyway, they were having a sale on Thickers and if there is one thing I love, it's discounted letter stickers in cute fonts and innovative materials. And seeing my new stuff all laid out reminds me that Betsy made a very astute observation (which I was too preoccupied to notice): that Archivers has the exact same countertops as my kitchen.

I also went to the BMV to get my new license. I was in and out in about fifteen minutes, which is crazy. Next up is making my cake - I think I'll put some peppermint extract in the chocolate frosting, because it's my birthday and I can do whatever I want. Nyah.

On a sad note, Betsy figured out today that 'scissors' begins with an S and not a Z. Oh well. There's always a bright side, and today the bright side is that Porter has been going around singing: "On the one day of Christmas, my true love gave to me... A pine tree."

6 witty remarks on "Happy birthday to MEEE!"

susan opel on 3:36 PM said...

I am totally with you on the new BG - my usual is zero as well!

And a little salt in any wound that you might have - went to the American Crafts warehouse sale yesterday - Thickers were 10 for $10. Do you hate me? :)

susan opel on 3:37 PM said...

Oh and happy birthday, too. Weird - when I woke up, I had the feeling that today was someone's birthday - that someone is you!

Anna on 5:07 PM said...

Happy Birthday Joni!! Just one more year until 30... Hope your birthday is wonderful. I think it's funny that you make your own birthday cake, too. When my mother-in-law found out that I make my own, she was shocked beyond all belief. "You shouldn't have to make your OWN birthday cake!" But how else would I have what I want?

Unknown on 12:14 AM said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FUTURE SISTER-IN-LAW!!! I'm going from 0 sisters to 5.....is that a little scary?

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day!!1!!one!

This holiday season, give the people you care about the one thing they really want -- cold, hard cash. It's a good time to be liquid.

sorba -- a nationwide chain of vegan smoothie bars. Show your Macbook or your Obama paraphernalia and save 10% !

Catherine on 2:31 PM said...

Joni: Happy birthday. Your kids are cool. Your pastries are fulfilling and kinda hot. Your emails are pithy. I'm not sorry you're my sister. Not one bit.

Vionr: It's the newest hybrid! It dries and combs your hair in thirty seconds! It performs laser eye surgery and buys out all the little businesses! It's VIONR!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez