Sunday, March 2, 2008

Sick Sunday


So, we are all a family of sickies today, we've got kind of a yucky cough thing going on. Also, I'm worried that Porter might have an ear infection, since Matt says he was holding his ear the other night. I hope he doesn't. Our COBRA enrollment isn't done yet so we simultaneously do and do not have health insurance right now, like Schrodinger's cat. Meow!

Anyway, I think that at least Porter, if not both of the kids, will be missing church today. Matt has to go because he teaches Sunday school. (Matt: "Do you want to sub for my class tomorrow?" Me: "Tell you what, we'll just switch our teaching assignments for the week." Surprisingly enough, he didn't go for it.) I feel bad that Porter has to miss nursery, which is the highlight of his week. But I don't want him hacking all over the other kids, either.

Porter woke up about an hour after I put him down last night, and he was sobbing hysterically. He couldn't tell me what was wrong, which is unusual for Porter (he's the kid who goes, "Waaah! I cwying." so he's usually pretty open about that sort of thing). I comforted him as best I could, and then I got Matt to bring in the baby Tylenol. Well, when Matt showed up, Porter mumbled something about Daddy and an alligator, then laid down and went back to sleep. We think he may have had a scary dream about Daddy being eaten by an alligator! Weird, huh? If so, it's probably inspired by this and this, and the fact that he's not feeling well. Don't you always have the freakiest dreams when you're sick? I know I do.

I'll probably take a nap while Matt's at church. I've been even tireder than usual lately, since I've developed the Stuffy Nose of Pregnancy and I wake up constantly in the middle of the night because I can't breathe. Isn't that special? I actually had the same problem when I was pregnant with Porter, only in that case taking Benadryl actually helped. I've figured out that I can only sleep for 5 or 6 hours at a stretch, but I can always get a nap in later. That actually works pretty well since it's more or less what I've been doing all year for seminary, but it does get complicated on the weekends. I just can't wait to have this baby, even though I will still be waking up in the night after she's born.

Speaking of being pregnant, I had my baby shower yesterday and it was lovely. (I took my camera with me but forgot to take any pictures. No worries, one of the hostesses was snapping away the whole time.) We had this whole Pampering Spa thing going on: there were massages, English tea and scones, a Mary Kay lady came in and we soaked our feet and did Satin Hands, the whole nine yards. I felt really, really loved and I think that everyone had a great time. And I am going to have one seriously well dressed baby. The most pregnant of the pregnant ladies in our ward is about to pop any day now, so the showers are done and the baby boom can begin!

8 witty remarks on "Sick Sunday"

Anonymous said...

Here's a tip regarding cold medicine:

You can still buy the effective, original formula stuff containing pseudoephedrine, but it's sold behind the counter at pharmacies. You need to ask for it and show your ID so they can log your info, but it's no big deal. NyQuil, the sneaky buggers, changed the formula but not the name; the original stuff is called NyQuil D now and is sold behind the counter. The Target pharmacy even sells store-brand pseudoephedrine (Compare To Sudafed!)

Blame toothless methheads for the added inconvenience.

Get well soon.

Joni on 10:42 AM said...

Does the D stand for 'Drugs'?

Anonymous said...

I think the D stands for Decongestantthatactuallyworks or DennisLeary'sNyQuilroutineishilarious or
Dsweetsweetpharmacologicalhaze.

Anonymous said...

In a scrapbook blog,
You speak of Schrodinger's cat.
Now that is nerdly!

Kevin Blinn on 6:19 PM said...

Says the man who still
speaks in haikus even though
that joke is - wait, WHAT?

Anonymous said...

I have weird children.

Anonymous said...

At least my firstborn
Got to watch the Great One play;
See you in Canton.

susan opel on 5:33 PM said...

I could totally for for a massage right now.

Hope the icky nose syndrome vacates your home soon!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez