Monday, February 26, 2007

goodwill hunting


Went to Goodwill today for some jeans that I can alter with foam stamps or something and wear at the Event. Unfortunately, I also spotted this skirt.
It was two dollars! I love the print - it reminds me of the new American Crafts papers but in different colors - and I love that it's in cotton, so it would be only a tiny bit weird to wear a full(ish) knee length skirt to the grocery store. (In case you've been paying attention, my sartorial aim is towards being a Person Who Wears Dresses On Non Dressy Occasions, Yet Doesn't Look Weird. Cotton seems to help, although I could never pull off this dress.) Anyway, I think it would look great with a lime-green T shirt and flip flops. I'm dying to start wearing flip flops again, is that weird? Of course, wearing white on the bottom does seem to bring out the unnatural pallor of my legs, so thank heavens for self-tanner lotion.

Also, I found these pants.

Yes, those are hot pink and orange tigers. This is actually the second pair of Lilly Pulitzer capris that I've found at Goodwill (I snagged martini drinking pigs a few years ago). Four dollar Lilly pants are like the needle in the proverbial thrift-store haystack, since these things sell for mucho dinero. Twice in a lifetime means I should probably write a book ro something. I snatched them up even though they are not my size (in my dreams, maybe). I think I'll see if my sister Catherine wants 'em - she has both the figure and the fashion sense to pull off neon colored jungle cats.

I seem to be blogging a lot about clothes lately. It must be the time of year. I am so ready for it to be spring. Posted by Picasa

3 witty remarks on "goodwill hunting"

Anonymous said...

Well, you are brave! Those are some seriously awesome finds, but I am just too impatient to look.

How are things? How many days until the big road trip? :)

Unknown on 1:55 PM said...

I love hearing about your killer steals!

That skirt is way cute!

Our thrift store here is junk! I never go 'thrifting' anymore!

Joni on 5:35 PM said...

hmmm... how about a thrift shopping road trip, ladies? (yeah, wouldn't THAT be nice?!)

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez