Saturday, November 25, 2006

More things to be thankful for...


In case leftover pie wasn't enough, Butler's basketball team won the NIT championship yesterday. In order to get there they had to defeat both Notre Dame (TAKE THAT KEVIN) and Indiana (NEENER NEENER MIKE). The best thing about it, for me? The fact that now, maybe people will actually have heard of the school I went to. ("Butler? You're going to school to learn how to open doors?")

Last night, we went downtown to see the Christmas decorations. I dressed Porter in a little fleece Santa suit (that I got at Target after Christmas last year for, like, three bucks). Matt teased me for dressing his son up but I'm glad I did - practically everyone who looked at Porter was smiling. You've got to admit, he is cute.

I started my Christmas baking yesterday also. I have four kinds of cookies in various stages of completion, and a pan of fudge which may or may not turn out. (I don't exactly have the best track record with fudge.) I've already made a double batch of chocolate cherries which is, um, rapidly disappearing.

My house smells awesome because my thoughtful husband gave me a Christmas-tree-smelling candle. This is something that's very important to me: the house has to smell like a Christmas tree, even though ours is fake. It's almost as important as listening to the Muppets (badum-pum-pum).

Also, BYU beat Utah State in the last 3 seconds. Awesome! Posted by Picasa

4 witty remarks on "More things to be thankful for..."

Anonymous said...

You mean they beat Utah in the last 3 seconds, much bigger deal.

Anonymous said...

I totally worship and adore the John Denver and the Muppets Christmas CD! Christmas is coming the goose is getting FAT!

Porter IS adorable!

Joni on 1:01 PM said...

PIGGY PUDDING??!!

No, figgy pudding. Made with figs.

Oh, sorry.

And bacon.

What??!!

Anonymous said...

Note that it's the PRESEASON Nobody's Interested Tournament, not the Battle For 66th Place that they hold at the end of the year. Also, Oral Roberts knocked off Kansas so stranger things have happened.
But we did beat Iowa in football! yay!
Go Flyers!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez