Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring: Broken.


So, the kids are on spring break this week. And it is freezing. It actually snowed yesterday (apparently the universe doesn't realize that if I wanted snow in April, I never woulda left Rochester) and it's supposed to be in the thirties and forties all week. Nevertheless, we are determined to make the best of it. My goal is to do something fun every day. Yesterday, for example, we went to the pet store (and cleaned the basement. Fun! Yay!); we also have trips planned to the zoo, the Children's Museum (for the first time since before Amy was born), the library, and Chick-Fil-A. Yes, Chick-Fil-A counts as 'fun.' Their food is delicious and they have an awesome play area.

Speaking of things that are broken, I went to Wal Mart yesterday and one of the things that I picked up was a replacement copy of The Princess Bride. Can anyone guess what happened to the original? If you guessed 'The kids broke it' you're dead on. Anyway, I got the brand new disk home and, guess what? That one doesn't work either. I was kind of bummed because now how am I going to know who is and isn't left-handed? So, I'll have to make yet another trip to Wal-Mart (which actually is a big deal because I usually only go there once a month or so) but it will totally be worth it to have The Princess Bride again.

Another thing that seems to be broken: I can't figure out why my blog posts are not showing the date. I keep going in to edit the template and it says that the date is already being displayed. Must be something broken in the new template... any suggestions? I am so not a computer genius.

4 witty remarks on "Spring: Broken."

susan opel on 11:43 AM said...

Going to Walmart so often is making you broken LOL. I LOVE the Children's Museum. Have fun!

Unknown on 7:56 PM said...

wish i could help you with the date problem, but idk! Glad the kids are having fun on break, even if you have Rochester weather!

Anna on 5:10 AM said...

I actually woke up to 2 inches of snow yesterday. YUCK! Had to clean off the car before work and everything. Good luck on your new Princess Bride DVD. :)

jdhoosier said...

4 April 2009 C.E.
Around tea-time.

You could try leading each entry with the date. Inelegant but effective. Or you could ask Google. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez