Wednesday, February 14, 2007

snowy Valentine's day



You know, I really look forward to the day - decades from now - when we get to sit back and reminisce about the blizzard of '07. Maybe I'll even call it Ought-Seven, just to sound more folksy. And then we'll all agree that we were tough, not like them young'uns today with their terrible music and their iPods and their robot maids. Because I really hope that we have robot maids by then.

Matt's had two days off from work, much of which he's spent shoveling. Yesterday it snowed and drifted and snowed and drifted; today the snow has stopped and the sun is out, and so are our neighbors with shovels and snowblowers. The big task now seems to be digging out the mailboxes, just in case we get any mail today (which we probably won't, we didn't yesterday and who knows if we will tomorrow? But I hope it's soon because I'm waiting for a paycheck and Hobby Lobby is having a sale and I haven't even left my house in three days.) Matt took the kids out sledding and despite Indiana being 99.999975% flat, he was able to build a sledding hill out of drifted snow - got plenty of that around - and pull the kids around in their sled.

It's also Valentine's Day. You know, that little holiday? So, by tomorrow morning the roads need to be passable enough to get to Target for half price candy. Posted by Picasa

6 witty remarks on "snowy Valentine's day"

Anonymous said...

We got dumped on too.
Knee high drifts in our driveway.
Time to go shovel.

Anonymous said...

Ought seven - just to be folksy - you are a nut!

Band I shoveled the entire driveway all by ourselves, and we've been scrappin' out ever lovin' heads off. Good times here in FW, I tell you!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your candy. I finally figured out how to get pics on my blog that weren't gy-normous. Take a look.

Anonymous said...

Heh. So that's what that mysterious white stuff is. You know, it has been all over the ground here in Virginia, piling 6 inches into the sky, and as no one has ever seen if before, it is reasonable that no one knows how to deal with it.

Apparently, winter takes this area by surprise every single year.

Unknown on 4:57 PM said...

You are so funny!
I wish we could hang out with our little families! That would be so fun!
I need to stop off and get me some candy!

Anonymous said...

Blizzard? Rolling eyes.
You grew up in Rochester
And Matt's from out west.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez