Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What I'm up to lately




  1. Not working on Betsy's flower girl dress for Rob & Laura's wedding. Not at the moment, anyway. I did get it completely cut out and marked, which took the better part of a day. And I put in all the stay-stitching, the gathers, AND the basting, but I had to stop there because I am CLEAN OUT of white thread. Crazy thing to run out of, I know. (You can see here how I marked everything. Wouldn't it be funny if all that washable marker didn't wash out? HA HA.) JoAnn's is having a massive sale early next week so I will pick up some more thread, along with the blue material for the sash. In the meantime, I got a whole passel of photos printed (which is slightly less than a slew) so, there's always scrapping.


  2. Scrapping. Because it's fun, and also because I got some goodies in the mail. I actually wrote to Making Memories to ask them for a replacement of these paper snowflakes I got - the die was mis-aligned and some of them were cut funny, which is no big deal, but I'd heard they were good about replacing defective products. Anyway, they emailed me back and said that they were FRESH OUT of paper snowflakes (Maybe because it's April? I dunno) but they'd send me some other products for my trouble. This padded envelope full of joy appeared in my mailbox the day before Easter. I'm kind of in love with the colors (yay! green! I don't use enough green) and the little 6x6 paper pad will be perfect for card-making. Speaking of which...

  3. I finally opened my Etsy shop after wanting to for a really long time. Totally not a big thing but I thought it would be fun to make some cards & stuff and sell them. If you click on the cute little wolf on my sidebar it will take you directly to my shop.


  4. Making homemade stuff to give to people (from that 3 things post I mentioned a while back). I made a 'new baby' card for Emily, a birthday card for my mom, and some onesies for a lady in the ward who just had her FIFTH baby. Okay, I didn't actually MAKE the onesies - the good people at Gerber did that. But I did slave over a hot iron for a good twenty minutes, so that's gotta be good for something. (I also patched Betsy's school jeans while I had the iron out. I swear, that girl has cast iron knees or something.)


  5. Laughing at all the people who waited until the last minute to file their taxes. We got our refund forever ago. And it was our biggest refund ever, only because we paid a king's ransom in child care and health expenses in 2008.


  6. Trying to ignore the 937 pounds of leftover ham in the fridge.


  7. Also trying to ignore the Hog Heaven paper pack at Michaels. That is one of my favorite paper lines EVER (I even made a card with it that's being published soon. Yay!) but I truly do NOT need any more patterned paper. Like that's ever stopped me in the past. Don't even get me STARTED about the new Thickers at Hobby Lobby.


  8. Eyeing my non-nursing-accessible clothes with a bit of longing. Yes, Amy still views me as the walking lunch cart, and I am okay with that. But. I have this awesome dress I got at Target in the winter (on clearance for 6 bucks. Woo hoo!) that I have not worn once. It sort of represents the light at the end of the tunnel and my consolation prize for when I am not able to nurse any more.

  9. Writing fan fiction, because I'm a dork like that.


  10. Obsessively refining my Pandora station. I know you can have multiple stations but I prefer to have one big giant mishmash. The other day it played CSN&Y, and then Buffalo Springfield, and then The Byrds, and then I think Stills & Nash or whatever that last incarnation was. And while I could listen to 'Rock and Roll Woman' all.day.long. I thought that was a pretty funny combination. Not so much with the variety.


  11. Hanging out with other women from church. Dude, I love being a stay-at-home mom again. We've been doing brunch (which sounds a LOT fancier than it actually is) every Wednesday, more or less. I'm hosting next week, mainly out of pure selfishness, so that I don't have to leave early to come home and meet Porter's bus. (Which sometimes comes at 11:30 and sometimes at 11:55. Oh well, you get what you pay for.)


  12. Number 11 notwithstanding, applying for some part-time chemistry jobs. And fielding calls for Matt, which is a good thing. He had 4 prospective employers call him in two days... and they were all women, so I've started teasing him about that. Fingers crossed that one of them will come to fruition. (Not one of the four, but can you believe Sallie Mae is hiring again? Crazy!)


  13. Wearing my glasses a lot more, because I'm down to my last pair of contacts and we have no vision insurance. We also have no dental, so don't forget to floss, kids!


  14. Totally pumped to rock out to the New Kids On The Block in June with my awesome SIL, Mandy. Oh oh o-o-oh, the right stuff.

  15. Getting ready for Porter's birthday party, which I totally forgot is in like a week and a half. We're heading down to HobLob this afternoon to gather party supplies. I made these awesome invitations, or rather I made one invite and then scanned it and uploaded it to Walgreens, because they're having a 10-cent print sale. It's really cute, and I'd post it here except that it has all of our personal information on it (address, phone number, blood type, last 3 library books checked out, etc.) and I don't trust you people.


  16. Excited for my parents & the little girls to come out in May. I'm totally planning a ton of fun stuff to do. (Children's museum? Check! Fabric store? Check! Antiquing in our awesome downtown? Check and check! Steak n Shake? Is pretty much a given. Art museum? Only if there's time after all the other fun stuff! Who needs sleep, right?)


  17. Wondering if the sun is ever going to come out.

8 witty remarks on "What I'm up to lately"

mom said...

YAY!!!! I LOVE Etsy!!!!!! I will go put you on my fave sellers list.

I can't wait to come hang out, and go antiquing and fabriking together!!!

Catherine on 7:15 PM said...

Ma and the girls are coming out there? Zounds! The green-eyed snake bites again!

fatty mcslowslow said...

CSNY? The Byrds? Buffalo Springfield? That's what I used to listen to when I was in college!

So now all you have to do is add some Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris to your mix and take some engineering classes, and the transformation will be complete (mwah-hah-hah.)

Mrs. Brown can moo... on 10:25 AM said...

I love that you put my card up...I LOVE that card (and so does Gavin, apparently, since he tried to rip pieces off of it). I'm still trying to get a video of Gavin talking for you, but since he seems to know when I'm filming him, he stops talking (although last night I got him asking daddy "whered it go??" when he put the phone in daddy's pocket). I'll keep trying!

word verification: mitedom-the kingdom ruled by little ones

Susan R. Opel on 11:42 AM said...

Well, that's a lot to be up to!
A) Way to go contacting MM and hitting the motherlode! Nice work!
B)Hmmm, making cards again, eh? Especially love the one for your mom (who is only two years older than Beth?!?!)
C) Love Pandora and Thickers and NKOTB!
Laters!

chemistry said...

To: McSlowSlow, F.
Re: Engineering Classes

On the whole, I'd rather die.

Yours truly,
Joni

fatty mcslowslow said...

Zzoidy!!!! My nefarious plot is foiled!

Kristen on 7:16 PM said...

just looking at your list makes me tired!

i've only been nursing for 4 weeks and already i'm looking forward to being able to wear whatever I want! eeesh.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez