Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hitting the road + Cards!


We're heading out tomorrow morning for Washington, D.C. Very early in the hopes of arriving before 8 p.m. so that I can get to Celeste's bridal shower. It's actually about the same distance from here to McLean, VA (where we'll be staying) as it is from here to Rochester, so it's a pretty manageable drive. Well, as long as we have the DVD player for the kids.

Here's the NCIS cards that I mentioned before; I finally finished them over the weekend. Why NCIS cards? Well, because of NCIS FanFest. (Yes, there's a convention for NCIS. If there's one thing I've learned since subscribing to Netflix, it's that there's a convention for just about everything.) Now, mind you, I'm not actually going to FanFest - even if I had the time, I sure as heck can't afford the plane tickets - but a lot of people that I "know" from the fan community are, and I ended up making these for the Tony booth. It was really fun coming up with quotes from the show either about or by Tony, who is my favorite character on the show (no offense to all you Mark Harmon fans out there). I used the BasicGrey 'Lime Rickey' 6x6 paper pad - it was really hard to find a patterned paper line that was appropriately masculine but still bright and colorful, but I think this fit the bill. I used some American Crafts letter stickers in a font that really reminds me of the show (and the whole huge booklet of them was $2.00 at Tuesday Morning, so that's a huge plus) and raided my stash of computer fonts to round it out.
















It was really fun making these, and a good challenge for my card-making skills. (Speaking of cards, I'm having another one published! I just mailed it to Utah on Thursday. Woo hoo!)

2 witty remarks on "Hitting the road + Cards!"

mom said...

I LOVE those cards!!!!!

Dolores on 10:51 PM said...

oh i love the cards.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez