Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back from Texas


Okay, okay, so we actually got back on Sunday night. I am just updating now because I am busy all the time. I HATE BEING BUSY ALL THE TIME. But I got a lot of good pictures and I'd like to share. So here they are in no particular order (because Blogger makes it really hard to put my pictures in the order I want them in).

This is pretty representative of what we paid for gas most of our trip. The lowest we saw was $1.35 in Rolla, MO and the high was $1.85 in Dallas. (This was in Illinois. The funny thing was that if I'd walked inside the gas station and bought a quart of oil, that would have been a blend that I tested and approved. Okay, so it's not THAT funny.)
Amy and her cousin Kage. She's actually going to abandon me and go live in Utah so that she can see her buddy Kage every day.

My niece Anahi... I totally wanted to steal her. Those eyes, that curly hair... couldn't you just die?

On Thanksgiving night the girls went out and saw Twilight. Mark took a picture and the shutter on the camera didn't open all the way. But I think it's kind of appropriate, don't you? The movie was cute but I am really looking forward to #2. Team Jacob!

Everything is bigger in Texas... even the spiders. *full body shudder* Jessie found this hairy spawn of Satan out by the mailbox. So if I ever move to Texas, don't try to send me anything by mail, because I will never set foot within 50 feet of my box


The fireworks. SERIOUSLY. Nobody lost any fingers, though.

Carolyn (Jenny's mom) got these canvas teepees and put them in the yard, and each kid got to paint a section. What a neat idea.

We had dinner at the Yacktmans' house - that's my husband's brother's wife's parents. (We actually know them pretty well, since they used to live in Chicago; they were at our wedding, even.) Plus, two of Jenny's brothers married sisters and so pretty much their whole family came too. I think the final count stood at 46, although I don't remember if that includes babies or not. Believe it or not, there was actually food left over.

Betsy and her cousin Shardae bonded over Barbies.

Sophie licked the frosting knife clean. And then stuck it right back in the can. Man, I wish I was six and could get away with stuff like that.

This is what the frosting was used for: to glue these little beauties together. We are so making these next year.

The paintball warriors! Wednesday featured a massive paintball war between the Lynns and the Yacktmans. The Lynns lost. Oh well, we're still awesome.


Sohpie loved pushing Amy in the swing. Don't you love Sophie's long, strawberry-blond hair? The last time we saw her she was two and didn't have that.


Matt finally got to play some tennis with his brother Mark. I love this shot because Matt looks really cool and Mark looks like a dork. I married the good brother, people.

We stopped in Springfield, MO to pick up fireworks for Mark. The store actually wasn't nearly as redneck as I thought it would be.


None of us had ever been to Missouri before, even though it's only two states away. My kids really liked the big upside-down letter U.

9 witty remarks on "Back from Texas"

Catherine on 12:33 PM said...

Man, Sophie looks so much like her mom in some of those pictures, assuming her mom is the lady I remember her being. More importantly, your spawn get cuter and cuter every time I see (pictures of) them. I am very excited to see them live and in person

susan opel on 12:53 PM said...

I totally dig road trips, and it looks like you had one heck of a time!

Anonymous said...

That must have been fun. We just got back from OUR trip, and we got back at three in the morning in case I haven't ranted yet.




filayine: a chemical used to kill mailbox spiders.

Anonymous said...

TEAM EDWARD!!!!! (I haven't read the books yet, but Laura has read half the thing out loud.)
tompf: people like you who are team jacob.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. This was a good time for roadtripping; I'll bet gas is back to $4 by this summer.

Anonymous said...

Since you haven't made a post yet about it, Happy Birthday! Or as they say, ¡Feliz CumpleaƱos!

Joni on 12:14 PM said...

@Fatty: What, no haiku of grim economic foreboding? Sheesh, you're not even trying.

Interestingly enough, E85 is now actually more expensive than petroleum. I remember there was a time over the summer when it was actually competitive in price with the dead dinosaurs.

Unknown on 2:57 PM said...

Hey lady!
It looks like you had a great time, and safe travels.
How is work?
Your kids are getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Cheap gas for road trip
Will not last into summer.
NOW are you happy?

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez