Monday, March 10, 2008

One month


Yep, my due date is one month from today. Which means it's anyone's guess how long I actually have left to be pregnant. Betsy was 6 days late and Porter was 19 days early (the funny thing is, they weighed almost exactly the same) so I guess Cutie Pie is some sort of tiebreaker. I'd really like to have an April Fool's Day baby but I think it's sheer optimism to think that, and she will probably have to be blasted out of me with Pitocin like the other two were.

I've officially reached the point where I am SO SICK of being pregnant. I am tired of needing 4 pillows and a Benadryl to get even a little sleep at night. I'm tired of always having Visible Belly Panel because my shirts aren't long enough to cover the elastic waist of my maternity jeans. (I wish it was spring already and then I'd wear dresses all the time. "Why don't you just wear dresses all the time now?" Maternity pantyhose, that's why.) I'm tired of huffing and puffing like an obscene caller every time I climb the stairs. I'd say I'm tired of not being able to see my feet, but that's actually a blessing in disguise as I secretly think feet are really gross. But, I have a semi-permanent sore spot in the middle of my back (I thought it's supposed to be the lower back that gets sore at the end? Whatever, I am so weird) so I am always begging my long-suffering husband for massages. Also, I'm feeling really nauseated and gross right now and I'd better not be getting the stomach flu or anything like that. I never get sick so wouldn't it be just like me to have my twice-a-decade illness while I am hugely pregnant?

Anyway, I suppose that's enough of a pity party to ask any of you to tolerate. Next post, I promise, I will write about the baby's name and how we chose it. Okay, how I chose it...

9 witty remarks on "One month"

Anonymous said...

T minus one month...
Got your COBRA lined up yet?
Bring on the baby!!!

Joni on 5:27 PM said...

Yeah, I forgot to mention that we did work out the health insurance deal. We have the kids on an individual plan, and Matt and I will stay on COBRA (slightly more complicated, but it saves us like 200 bucks a month).

Strabgely, Matt isn't allowed to go on the individual plan until after the baby comes, because he is an 'expectant parent.' I tried to convince the insurance salesman that we really aren't sure if Matt is the father, but he just laughed.

Anonymous said...

1. Knee High stockings....I haven't worn pantyhose in decades(yeah I know I'm not a fashion plate, just go with me on this one)

2. Pedicure....cause you really have nice feet.

Catherine on 8:53 PM said...

Joni, I was thinking I would leave you some nice comment about how I'm sure your feet aren't REALLY ugly, an how I bet your belly panel doesn't look TOO trashy, but then I remembered all those times you held it over my head that you have ankles and I don't. So instead I'm going to make a crack about how you always call your unborn child "Pie" on the World-Wide Internets. Like, don't you love her at all?

love,
cath

Anonymous said...

Everyone pick a due date! Closest date without going over gets to pick the name.

April 10.

Belgium Zelda Lynn.

Has a nice ring, no?

tgsihiwm: my second choice for the middle name

Mandy's Blogspot on 9:09 PM said...

keep shooting for april 1st. my brother would like company in the "fools" category.

Joni on 9:11 PM said...

Of course I love my daughter. Who doesn't like pie?!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, toes are gross. Especially if you married the man they are attached to. (well, in my case, anyway). Cheers on the one-month-left thing...hang tight! (or not. ;) )

Kyla Curtis on 6:17 PM said...

Great rread thanks

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez