Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ten items or less


1. Amanda Ripley, author of The Unthinkable, is going to be on 20/20 on Friday night. I've been recommending the book to everyone - it's one of the most interesting things I've ever read. (The title and cover makes it seem like it's a scary book, but for me at least, it had the opposite effect.) So if you don't have time to sit down and read a whole book, catch the TV version of it instead.



2. One of my very best friends just opened up this Etsy store. Cute!



3. How's this for cool: a craft-themed line of scrapbooking supplies (from, of course, American Crafts)!



4. Porter and I discovered Wubbcasts the other day (YouTube with Mom is an important part of his after-bath ritual) and I think I am addicted. Porter really likes the water fight; my favorite is the hopelessly-earwormy Don't Lie. You are powerless to resist its catchiness...



5. I've heard the same song on the radio on my drive into work every day for weeks. Is the universe trying to tell me something, or is it merely a case of diegogarcity?



6. Look look! Mother-daughter dresses! And mother-daughter shoes! Oh, the possibilities...



7. I am so glad that all of the drugstore-brand cosmetics manufacturers have jumped on the whole mineral-foundation bandwagon... because that means I can finally afford it. And it makes my skin look awesome.



8. So, Butler basketball is doing really awesome this year. But, is anyone really surprised by that? I mean, at some point doesn't the word 'Cinderella' no longer apply?



9. I analyzed batch # 24601 today. And no, I did not pile all the lab equipment into a barricade and climb on top of it waving a flag. I did hum a little to myself, though. (It was a 5W20 semi synthetic, in case you're wondering.)



10. My babysitter's kid is finally gaining weight, now that she's started him on solids. She's also been feeding him some of the extra milk from my freezer and the doctor told her not to because (and this is a direct quote) my milk is "not fatty enough." Gee, I guess that explains the appearance of Amy's thighs...

5 witty remarks on "Ten items or less"

Anonymous said...

1) The Unthinkable is indeed an excellent book. The final chapter, about the director of security at that investment bank in the WTC, was particularly affecting.

2) Diegogarcity is a terrific word. I'd never heard of it before your post, but presumably I will now run into it a dozen times in the next week.

3) The verification word is "Subaling," which sounds like the name of a two on Diego Garcia Island.

Anonymous said...

That's "name of a town on Diego Garcia Island."

Thanks for the earworm by the way...I am Jean Valjean: 2-4-6-0-OOOOONNNNNNE!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I learned about diegogarcity from Dress a Day, which makes sense, because she's a dictionary editor or some such.

Any day that I can get a song irretrievably lodged in someone else's brain, that's a good day for me.

susan opel on 10:59 AM said...

I saw a guy on American Idol wearing a Butler T-shirt and thought of you!

Anonymous said...

Nice Etsy your friend has. I hope she makes it through the CPSIA(http://www.etsy.com/storque/craftivism/cpsia-updates-and-calls-to-action-3157/) stuff ok.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez