Sunday, July 20, 2008

New



Check out our new baby niece! This is Abby, the firstborn of Matt's little brother Morgan (although his wife pretty much did all of the work). Pretty cute, huh? I only wish they lived closer so Abby and Amy could play together.










I finished this blouse a couple of weeks ago but just recently got around to taking a picture of it (in my smeary bathroom mirror). It's really much, much cuter in person. I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby either right before or right after I had Amy. I was down there on Friday, wearing that exact top, when what should I spy in the paper section but patterned paper in the same design! The background is a different color but it's otherwise identical. They're really getting their money's worth out of that in house designer, huh?

Speaking of which... Michael Miller did it, Amy Butler did it, and now Heather Bailey's Fresh Cuts line is available as scrapbook supplies. That's right, people, just keep feeding the addiction. I'd just better hope that Alexander Henry doesn't clue in to this idea, or I will be COMPLETELY BROKE. (Yes, I know that Alexander Henry is just the name of the company, and not an actual person. Let's not shatter the illusion, 'kay?



And last but not least is Betsy's new 'do. I was getting mighty tired of those wispy bits in her eyes that will not stay in a clip for love or money (she has my uselessly fine hair, poor girl)... so now she has bangs. They're kind of short (although the angle of the photo makes them look shorter, and actually, her head is not that big in relation to her body) and slightly uneven, probably because it was a hack job twenty minutes before we left for church this morning. But I think she's cute enough to pull it off, don't you? She looked at herself in the mirror and said,"I look sweet!"

5 witty remarks on "New"

Catherine on 8:39 PM said...

First, That baby is so freaking cute I could gag and throw up, I mean it truly. And Abby's a great name. Is it short for something, Abaranth or Abacus or Absinthia, something else nonsensical and midwestern?

Item two: you gave Betsy a baby bang! How trendy she is! Of course, being an actual baby (ish...) it may be less scene points than if she were a hip twenty-something with died-black hair and a tattoo of betty page on her elbow, but actually I think she pulls it off considerbly better than those FLOOZers. And she looks sweet in pink.

In case you didn't already know.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful baby! and the blouse it so cute! my how betsy has grown. hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Betsy looks so sweet!
But who gave her permission
To grow up so fast?

Mrs. Brown can moo... on 2:41 PM said...

I love besty's bangs! they are adorable!

The blouse is FABULOUS!

and that baby is cute too.

Kristen on 6:20 PM said...

wow, joni, thanks for your remarks on my blog. i've just found out that i'm pregnant again - and i'm having a hard time being excited about it. It's like i'm just waiting to miscarry again, you know?

i should try to have faith. i do so hate "waiting to see" though.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez