Friday, June 13, 2008

Ambivalence


Well, I got offered the job I was interviewing for. (ETA: I mentioned it in my epic post but it may have gotten lost. This isn't the Redi Wip factory, it's a QC lab for a place that makes motor oil. They are looking for an analytical chemist and oh look, I have one right here! Not a six week assignment but an actual, real job. I've interviewed there twice and I absolutely love the lab) No surprise there, because I am smart, talented, and witty so any lab in their right mind would want me to work for them. I've been making phone calls all morning, which if you know me you know that's a big deal (phone calls are right up there with sharks). Still haven't decided if I'm going to take it or not because sweet monkey fritters, childcare is expensive! However, the cost of psychiatric care may actually be higher... Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe in the value of being a stay-at-home mom. (If I do take the job, my plan is to go for a year and then re-evaluate things. I definitely don't plan on working forever, and I do still want one more baby!) But it's just... barely... possible that they have stepped on my last nerve and I don't want to end up a newspaper headline: "Suburban Mother Actually Explodes. I didn't know a human being could spontaneously combust! said one stunned neighbor." I mean, can you imagine trying to clean up after that?

Oh, and I just typed this whole post one-handed. Just to show you how awesome I am. You should see me with a viscometer and an ICP...

8 witty remarks on "Ambivalence"

CyndiAKADisneyqueen on 1:44 PM said...

Congratulations. Being a SAH mom is not for everyone, but honesly I think I would have exploded if I had to go to work (lol).

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!

i'm sure you'll do what is best for your family whatever you decide.

Anonymous said...

You and Matt will pray,
And make the right decision,
Whatever that is.

Your mom in college,
When you were young like Porter,
Seemed to work for you.

I'd say, "go for it."
Although Disclaimer Man adds,
"I don't get a vote."

Unknown on 4:57 PM said...

You are so funny!
You must be nursing! I hate that I can't go as fast one handed! I'd rather wait!
Good luck on the job!

Anonymous said...

you say you did that one-handed, but did you say how long it took?it could have taken hours!!



(oeufpxb: some type of chemical.)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! And yes, childcare is expensive, but the federal childcare credits are crazy generous, so you'll get a nice chunk of it back when you do your taxes.

To paraphrase Dave Barry back when he was still funny: No one at the lab will ever, under any circumstances, ask you to take them to the potty. You never know, that might grow on you.

Mandy's Blogspot on 7:35 PM said...

congrats on the new job! career-womanhood isn't so bad.

and i believe in that spontaneous combustion side effect of being a SAHM. after about 9 weeks i was practically running out the door on my way to work.

Anonymous said...

What did you decide?
Inquiring minds want to know,
Here in the blogsphere.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez