Sunday, September 9, 2007

Excitement!


I went down to Bloomington yesterday, to see my new nephew.


My brother Mike and his wife Mandy had their first baby on Thursday. His name is Miles and isn't he cute? Mike said that he's never seen a more alert newborn and I have to say I agree with him. I've never seen a 2-day-old able to keep its eyes open for more than 5 minutes at a stretch. But when I was holding Miles he stared at me with wide-open blue eyes for at least 20 minutes. Eventually the effort wore him out so much that he fell asleep, of course. Or maybe he was just feigning sleep so he wouldn't have to look at me any more.

Anyway, it's kind of interesting. I was the first one in my family to have kids - and from four years, nine months ago until last Thursday, I was the only one. So I suddenly feel like the experienced, even the responsible one. But I think it will be fun to see my other siblings transitioning into parenting. Mike in particular is probably uniquely qualified, being the oldest of eight kids. I know when I had Betsy, it didn't faze me a bit since I'd been changing diapers since I was about 9.

My kids are excited to have a cousin that actually lives in the same time zone as they do. Betsy knows her cousin's name is "Baby Miles." Porter saw the above picture on my computer and said, "Wake up, baby!"

Oh, and also... we're leaving for Disneyworld TOMORROW. Betsy's been saying for so long, "We can go to Disneyworld for four more months" that it's kind of crept up on us. I have a packing list made and I'm... somewhat packed. Fortunately our flights aren't until 10:30 a.m. or something reasonable like that so I can stay up until two in the morning packing and bouncing off the walls.

6 witty remarks on "Excitement!"

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is smart. It took me years to realize I could pretend to go asleep so I didn't have to keep looking at people.

Congratulation, Mike, Mandy, and Miles. Is this going to be the theme?

Unknown on 7:34 PM said...

Hello new baby!

Have fun in Disneyworld!!! I so want to take my kids this year!!!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture and I hope that you bring down a few more to see when you come to visit the mouse and ME! I am so excited to finally get to meet the first Blinn grandchildren! See your VERY soon!! Luv, Trish

Catherine on 7:29 AM said...

WAKE UP BABY.

I hope I see Baby Miles-to-Go before he turns ten. I wonder what brand of baby Em's going to have, the boy kind or the girl kind.

susan opel on 7:32 PM said...

Experienced and responsible! Very nice and sorta nerdy at the same time!

Hope you are having a grand time in Orlando!

What a fun little creature that Miles is!

Anonymous said...

what a cute baby! i can't believe they let me takehim home.

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez