Monday, October 19, 2009

I Haven't Died


I've just been doing a lot of multi-tasking.
(Isn't that picture hilarious? The best part is, Amy came up with that trick all on her own... and immediately came running to show me Just How Clever she is.)
We've been getting ready for Halloween, which is always a fun holiday. I put up the decorations a few weeks ago and I've been working on Betsy's costume:

She's being Glinda, the good witch from the Wizard of Oz. She came up with this idea entirely on her own, mind you. The dress isn't totally finished in the picture above: it still needs hemmed, and there's a lit of sparkly trim. But I'm thrilled to death with how it looks. The funny thing is, this costume weighs a TON. I made it out of good heavy satin - I think it was originally from the bridal section, and not costumes, because they didn't have the right color - and that skirt is abot a million yards wide. I have no idea how Betsy is going to handle trick-or-treating, but I'm sure she'll manage.

We went to the pumpkin patch last Saturday and let the kids pick out their own pumpkins.



It's really turned into quite the event, with games and rides and whatnot. We let the kids each pick a couple of activities that they could do.
















The next big thing on my plate is the Primary music program. We rehearsed it in the chapel last Sunday; we have one more practice on Saturday and then it's SHOWTIME. And I woke up this morning with a killer sore throat... I seriously cannot lose my voice this week!

3 witty remarks on "I Haven't Died"

Molly said...

Way to go Amy! You show those Pacifiers who boss!!!!

Cathy on 2:01 PM said...

What a great job on the costume! I've been trying to make the boys' and it's a lot rougher than I thought it would be

Laura M on 9:19 AM said...

I've had trouble trying to comment on your blog! I think it's letting me now! The kids are getting big! And they are all SO CUTE!! At least you ARE blogging!

 

Embellish Life Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez